Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS Log - mcsMQTT published messages from events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Log - mcsMQTT published messages from events?

Hi Michael,
    Maybe I am missing something obvious but I can't work out how to log in the HS log mcsMQTT messages sent from events. E.g.:
    Then Send Mqtt Message Topic "cbus/write/254/56/47/ramp" with Payload "0,20s"
    I have a series of events that publish a bunch of message topics to control C-Bus lighting. When the event triggers the HS log shows the event has been triggered. But there is no HS log entry of the individual topics and payloads that have been sent as part of that event.

I know there is a mcsMQTT debug option. But I would just like to see that mscMQTT has sent the topic with payload. A bit like how the HS log shows the devices that were controlled when an event is run.

Sorry if this is a numpty question.

Marty
    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

mcsMQTT does not write to the HS log the result of event actions that are taken, nor does it log the event triggers that are raised. If you want something in the log then your events should explicitly add a second action on the event to put whatever you want in the log. You also have the Statistics, if you enabled them to be put in HS devices, that will reflect the last message published. I suspect, however, HS will not log the updating of the last published message device since this is an update to the DeviceString and HS kind of ignores the DeviceString for events.

Comment

Hi Michael,
      Thanks for the reply. I haven't used the stattistics feature of mcsMQTT. I'll experiment this weekend.
      M

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

I rarely use actions for Matt because the Matt and point will be providing status feedback when it is commanded to change. this will then be reflected in the hs device and usually in hs log.

the mcsMqtt payload template has the same features of the event action.

Comment

To make it easier for you I provided a HS log entry each time a MQTT Action is executed. It is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_1_4_1.zip
          You need HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe into the HS folder and mcsMQTT_2020.dll into the \bin\mcsMQTT folder.

I still think a preferred solution may be to control devices rather than using MQTT Actions. If you want guidance on this approach then let me know.

Comment

Hi Michael,
            Thanks for taking the time to add event logging. Works perfectly and helps with debugging issues and MQTT messages sent from events.
            Marty.

Comment

Working...
            X