HS4 mcsMQTT shows update available but update is for mcsShelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 mcsMQTT shows update available but update is for mcsShelly

HS4 shows an update available for mcsMQTT but when I click on the update it brings up info for mcsShelly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS4-bad-plugin-update.png
Views:	203
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1372600

I submitted five plugins yesterday including mcsShelly for HS4. mcsMQTT does not have a HS4 version submitted but there was 5.2.1.4 of HS3. I will check with HST to see what is going on.

Comment

I never really paid much attention, but there is not indication in the HS4 plugin manager if a particular plugin is from HS3 or HS4. The newer HomeSeer provided plugins like Ecobee, Chromecats, etc all have version numbers that start with 4. The HS3 legacy plugins I have installed like Z-wave and the Concord have a major version number of 3. Perhaps HomeSeer needs to (or should have already) built some sort of indication as to whether a plugin was legacy HS3 or HS4 native.

Comment

I just tried it myself from Plugins, Add, mcsMQTT from Legacy section and it did properly reflect mcsMQTT being the update. What did you do to get mcsShelly?

I'm using current development version of HS4 and it looks like the plugin menu is well organized between HS4 and Legacy.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	170
Size:	373.2 KB
ID:	1372648

Comment

Same "issue" here...

When you go on installed plugins it shows there's an update for mcsMQTT and when you click on the update icon (down arrow cloud) it pulls up the mcsShelly information.

Name:	installed.png
Views:	189
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1372797

Comment

I am seeing the same. Note that I do not run mcsShelly. My only mcs plugin is mcsMQTT. I would flash any devices I have or not use them until I can.
            • Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200326-084109.png
Views:	146
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	1372830
            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
            Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

I will report this via github. Rather than using the icon, the new version of mcsMQTT can be installed from Plugin Page / Add button. Select mcsMQTT. If it is not visible, then put mcsMQTT in search box on that page and then select it.

Comment

No rush to upgrade on my part. I can check this later and test the upgrade once you believe it is resolved.
                Karl S
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                1070 Devices
                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                104 Events

Comment

mcsMQTT 5.2.1.4 is not working in HS4, no configuration option and when you start it you get the following message: "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from mcsMQTT - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."

Comment

Do you get anything reported in the HS log? It seems most likely a referenced file is not present or not correct version.

Comment

Nothing is the HS logs, but I just updated to 5.2.1.5 and it looks like everything is happy again

Comment

The update now shows correctly for mcsMQTT

Name:	Screenshot_20200327-122354.png
Views:	84
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1373137
                        Karl S
                        HS4Pro on Windows 10
                        1070 Devices
                        56 Z-Wave Nodes
                        104 Events

Comment

Good to see, but I am surprised that it now works without a HS4 update. Perhaps something happened on the updater/store side where the links may be managed. I only changed the same two files in the zip that I change for every update.

Comment

Working...
                          X