No announcement yet.

MQTT for ONVIF Hikvision Video Doorbell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Docker is a set of platform as a service (PaaS) products that uses OS-level virtualization to deliver software in packages called containers. Containers are isolated from one another and bundle their own software, libraries and configuration files.

Easy to install on the Rpi. The RPi / Homeseer Zee 2 would have to remain on 24/7.

Would Docker install on the Zee 2 and then the ONVIF to MQTT plugin on top of that.

Yes docker, mqtt and the onvif to mqtt app would be a container running in docker

1 - How To Install Docker On Raspberry Pi

2 - Mosquitto Broker is needed.
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt install mosquitto

3 - install onvif2MQTT from here: hxxps:/github.com/dmitrif/onvif2mqtt

Docker and container and mosquitto broker are like services running on the RPi.

The only added plugin to Homeseer would be mcsMQTT. Number 1,2 and 3 above are OS install services / programs.

You need to be able to utilize the command line on the RPi and easy to do via SSH.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.7.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.12.x
    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Finally had a chance to look at this. When I go to the link https://phoenixnap.com/kb/docker-on-raspberry-pi it says a prerequisite is Rasbian Stretch light. My Zee 2 is running Jessie. Will that work. So far I have not been able to install NodeJS and I beieve it is because I am running Jessie.

Comment

You can install Docker on Debian 8 (Stretch) or Debian 9 (Jessie). Goggle docker on RPi Jessie. Is this on an RPi2?

It'll be slow on an RPi2 running Mono and Homeseer. You might want to look at the RPi4 with 4-8 Gb of RAM for your endeavor.

I do not know much about running the ONVIF to MQTT plugin on the RPi. Actually don't use any RPi's much these days.

Did test similiarly as below on an Armbian Linux S912 Octocore TV box with 3Gb of RAM / 32Gb of SSD space.

This box ran circles around the RPi2-3 except that it was an ARM CPU.

Here have it running on my micro Intel Atom PC (BeeLink BT3 Pro) which is running (trying to break it).

1 - Ubuntu Linux 18.04
        2 - Mosquitto Broker
        3 - Docker (HA, ONVIF2MQTT, RingAlarm2MQTT, OmniLinkBridge, is running in Docker)
        4 - Node Red
        5 - Homeseer 3 Lite
        6 - Home Assistant
        7 - Webmin
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
        HS4 Pro - V4.1.7.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.12.x
        HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X