Best way to migrate TasMQTT to mcsMQTT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to migrate TasMQTT to mcsMQTT?

I have about 10 devices that was originally added by TasMQTT, I'd like to bring them all over to this plugin and try not to have to fix the events... Is there an easy way to do this?

Since there were only a few I went in and entered the device numbers of the associated device and deleted the device from TasMQTT was working fine but now my On and Off is publishing as 0 and 100

Is there a way to have it publish on/off instead?

Comment

In the Publish template on the Edit tab or popup use $$LABEL: Edit popup is reached by clicking on the Ref column button of the device on the Association tab. Edit tab is the second tab on the MQTT page and enter either the Device Ref or Subscribe Topic at the top to populate the tab's values

Comment

This is what I have but no both on and off are publishing off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-288.png
Views:	130
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1381925

Comment

missing colon at end $$LABEL:

If you still have a problem then enable debug from General tab. Control the device both on and off. Turn off debug to assure cache is cleared and then post the debug file from \Data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT Debug.txt.

Comment

I noticed the missing colon earlier as well so I fixed it but same result. Debug below

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sD...uvucj9jLja9J3D

Comment

Modifying my original statement. The publish message payload is actually empty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cape-Victory-Speeds.png
Views:	125
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1382008

Comment

Michael McSharry this has became a low priority but I'd be curious on what happened if you figure it out. Went ahead and remove TasMQTT completely and started from scratch by associating one by one with your plugin. Not sure why but controlling MQTT devices with your plugin is almost instant weather from the interface or Google in HS4

I'm having unrelated extreme lag issue with Zwave so by this, I can confirm that it's not the host machine but specific to Zwave plugin.

Comment

The debug log did not contain any lines that are a result of HS commanding a mcsMQTT device. The log would show a line with "SetIOMulti" at the start in these cases. Looking at post #4 it looks like you are publishing devices that are from other plugins (i.e. non-plugin device). In that case is is not the label on the button you will want as a substitution, but the status of the device. This should be the $$STATUS: substitution variable. I should have noticed this previously.

Comment

Working...
                  X