“CUSTOM” Defined MQTT devices stopped working... recently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“CUSTOM” Defined MQTT devices stopped working... recently

Saw this post about messages and the slash...
    April 18th, 2020, 03:00 PM
    The problem was caused by an assumption I made that topics would have at least one slash. This was fixed in http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_2_4_10.zip. HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe goes in HS folder. mcsMQTT_2020.dll goes in \bin\mcsMQTT folder.

Could this be the new failure I have with my previously working devices???

I have custom defined MQTT devices, which means they do not follow all the MQTT rules. These operated well until yesterday, or 2 days ago or ??? Do not know for sure when they stopped... possibly was when I updated to 5 2 4 9... not sure which last version did work my devices.

Today, installed Version 5 2 4 13 which repaired BROKER issue: allowed my 3 brokers to be recognized.

Devices only half reporting.

Publish is OK from HS3 to my Broker to my Device using non-standard MQTT:
    HS3_DISPLAY1_ALARM_REQUEST”

HS3 WILL NOT RECEIVE this MQTT message from my broker, a format previously working:
    stat/HS3_DISPLAY1_ALARM_REQUEST”

NOTE: Why the different format you ask... This allows me to communicate with HS3 from my devices, AND ALSO have HS3 send manual state updates from its screen, without causing a race condition with multiple "circle responses".

Please tell me I can continue to use these shortened messages...somehow.. or the minimum of rules needed.

Advice appreciated... LZH

Publish does not matter to mcsMQTT. It just sends whatever you provide. I see no reason why your stat/ message would not be recognized. The debug file contains the received messages.

Comment

SOLVED... do not know what fixed this so after hours of "stuff" it is working and listed as USER ERROR in code... LZh

Comment

Working...
      X