Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices quit publishing to MQTT

Hello,

I have multiple devices that I use to publish to MQTT using this plugin. All of a sudden some of them quit working. I tried updating to the latest version of the plugin and tried deleting/recreating these devices through the plug in and they still won't publish anything. I compared all the settings between the devices that were working and the ones that weren't in HS3 and the plugin and can't find anything different. I then completely uninstalled the plugin and all associated files and reinstalled the plugin. Now I cannot get any device to publish to MQTT.

Before starting over with the plugin this is what the debug file would should for devices that were working:
    4/23/2020 5:22:39 PM 9559 | CommandControllableDevice Garage_Door_Open/Close=0
    4/23/2020 5:22:42 PM 12943 | SetIOMulti 2414, oCAPI.ControlType=Button, MQTTReceiveRefDictionary.Contains=True
    4/23/2020 5:22:42 PM 12956 | ParentCount 0
    4/23/2020 5:22:42 PM 12962 | ParentRef -1

On devices that weren't working I was not getting the "CommandControllableDevice" line in the debug file so I think thats the problem but can't figure out how to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated as this is preventing me from controlling multiple things throughout my house.

Blake

There are two types of devices that have different logic paths. Devices created by the plugin go through the SetIOMulti path. Devices created elsewhere go through the HSEvent path. If you are no longer getting SetIOMulti in the debug when a plugin devices is controlled from HS then there is issue with how HS remembers which plugins owns which device. The \data folder contains backup .hsd files that HS creates. You could (temporarily) install an older one to assess if that is the issue.

Comment

Michael,

This didn't work unfortunately. I restored a backup file that was from before the last time that one of the devices changed and it still did not work, none of the devices worked. If it was a corrupted data file or something why wouldn't a new device work?

Blake

Comment

If you email your HS and mcsMQTT databases to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net then I should be able to reproduce and see what may be happening.

Comment

DB files just sent

Comment

What I see in your database is one mcsMQTT device #2065 that has a publish topic defined. There no non-plugin HS devices that are associated with MQTT topics. The Publish topic is odd with only Zone3. While valid, most topics have more than one level of hierarchy such as myContoller/Zone3

For a topic you are trying to publish via MQTT assure that it has a Publish topic setup.

Comment

Yes, right now I only have one device as I deleted everything and started over in my process of trying to get this to work again. The controller that is subscribed to this topic was one of my first ones so the topics are very simple, this specific topic controls zone 3 of my sprinklers.

I am able to publish to this topic without issue from one of my raspberry pi's so I know that that side of it is working correctly.

Blake

Comment

The issue I found is that your topic is shorter than provisions that were made. This was corrected in http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_2_7_3.zip. HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe goes in HS folder. mcsMQTT_2020.dll goes in \bin\mcsMQTT folder.

Comment

This appears to of fixed the problem thank you!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X