Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parent - Child devices disappearing from association table.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I went through the ColorHSB logic and made updates for how I expect it to behave. The parent topic is now the same for the color picker and the three sliders. Previously the color picker was the parent for the sliders. It seems to me that the payload template should be something other than blank for the necessary JSON formatting on color change command. Likely it was that way in your database because you were just testing to give me data.

http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_2_9_1.zip

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Forgot to answer regarding my expectations, really simple: what mcsmqtt automatically populates when clicking HSB in the edit tab is perfectly fine (color picker on full result and sliders on parsed H.S.B.). Just need the ability to get rid of the parent device without losing sync with the association tab + remove 2nd instance of the parent device in the device manager which is probably not intended and related to the issue. Thx

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ​​ ​​ ​​ ​​ Ok here it is:

The two pictures above is the end result after creating the devices, deleting the parent (not needed) and keeping the child (color picker, H, S, B)
    for some reason, the devices remain ok but the AT eventually loses track and converts color picker to parent.
    I did it a few times so will try again and report results live:

- delete 3408 from AT : 3408 automatically deleted from DM and the 3 remaing child (3409-3411 H,S,B) show as separate in DM.
    - stat/RGBWW1/RESULT:HSBColor still appears in AT with no payload + association checkbox....
    - manually delete it as obsolete
    - restart device to get new HSBcolor payload, works.
    - click association on Sub: stat/RGBWW1/RESULT:HSBColor, new ref 2469 created.
    - DM shows:

Click image for larger version  Name:	!!!!!.JPG Views:	0 Size:	12.9 KB ID:	1390769
    - click ref number and click HSB, add topic cmnd/RGBWW1/HSBColor

Click image for larger version  Name:	aaaa.JPG Views:	0 Size:	28.8 KB ID:	1390770
    Click image for larger version  Name:	bbbb.JPG Views:	0 Size:	17.3 KB ID:	1390771
    - manually delete 3409-3411 from DM since they don't appear in AT. new devices are automatically reassigned a color picker and sliders
    Click image for larger version  Name:	cccc.JPG Views:	0 Size:	28.6 KB ID:	1390772
    - delete 3468 from AT since I have no use for it. It is automatically deleted from DM (it appears twice as single device + group) and everything else remains fine (3469-3472)
    - 3469 still shows in AT + payload
    - tamsota module rebooted/commands sent, still good.
    - HS3 reboot, boom. 3469 is now a parent, no payload.

Click image for larger version  Name:	eeeee.JPG Views:	0 Size:	6.7 KB ID:	1390773

current mcsMQTT.db sent + 2 archives from today, yesterday.

hope this helps,

Keep me posted, thx.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    This is probably something you can help me with as this looks like a special situation that I forgot about.

In the Association table the parent is based upon topic hierarchy. ...HSBColor will be the parent of HSBColor:1.

Now when a Association is made the plugin looks for a parent topic of other items at the same topic level. If it finds it the it reuses that parent for the new Association. If not then it creates a new HS parent. The logic is not perfect since there are some special cases, especially around all the different ways color is encoded. What I do not see offhand is why the stat topic shows 3408 in the Association tab. I also did not intend to allow parent devices to have controls or show status since HS4 does not allow it. If looks like 3408 is either not a HS parent device or it mistakenly has color picker control. Can you look at 3408 in HS and see if it is a parent or child and if parent does it have the three H, S and B devices as children.

Can you describe the topic/payload and what you expect mcsMQTT to do with it? What control/status type are you using on the edit tab for it? It would help if I have your mcsMQTT.db so I can see the details of what mcsMQTT did. McsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Parent - Child devices disappearing from association table.

Parent - Child devices disappearing from association table.

Hi Michael, running Version 5.2.4.14

why I am seeing parent/child in device manager 3408-3411 (it is functionnal, responds)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1390719

but not in the Association Table ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	1390718

only 3408/Parent appears and no child or values. can't find/click on the original sub used to create parent/child.
    It looks ok when originally created but eventually vanishes from the AT.
    Same goes for all my other HSB devices.
    I have other parsed items, only HSB seems to be the issue.

I know you've implemented many changes regarding parsing and parent-child integration for HS4 since our last discussion (Temperature/humidity sensors / data parsing)
    And I've noticed that some things are easier to configure now.
    so is it some new option I haven't noticed and should be enabling/disabling ?

Thx
Working...
X