No announcement yet.

Two Clients Same Broker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcsMQTT can be both a broker and a client. What you have done will work. You could also have let mcsMQTT be the broker by leaving the broker text box blank. This would restrict you to only use one broker. If you want three broker logins then you do need to setup the third broker as you have done.

The other option you have is to also run mcsShelly and let mcsShelly be both the broker and the client for your local network. HS will then get public data via mcsMQTT and local data via mcsShelly. If you do this then change the General tab subscription rules so more than just the topic shellies is received.

Comment

As expected, your advice is very good.
      By setting up a second mqtt plugin everything will be contained within HS. This way I only have to ensure that HS is running 24/7 and not worry about the mosquitto server.
      I will deviate slightly from your advice and use the mcsShelly plugin for the external stuff - and your plugin for the internal stuff which is much much more important.
      Thank you for pointing me in the right direction again.
      On a slightly different note, I paid for a HS4 upgrade almost a year ago - but I am not switching to it until it comes out of beta. I hope your plugin will be compatible with HS4.

Comment

This is also your plugin !!
        Problems again. The only option this plugin gives me is PLUG-INS -> mcsShelly -> Shelly Doc. There are no other options. When I click on Shelly Doc the mcsMQTT associations page flashes for a few milliseconds - then it switches to:

Click image for larger version  Name:	mcsShelly.png Views:	0 Size:	25.6 KB ID:	1394807
        Here we go again. I have a habit of picking up the bugs first ......

Comment

Both plugins run with HS4 and both plugins have a native HS4 version.

I will look into mcsShelly today. I am not certain your initial install process for it, but suggest first using Updater to install the package and then update the .exe and .dll from the version .10 zip I pointed to earlier in this thread.

Comment

I had installed mcsShelly with the updater but in the bin folder there is no mcsShelly folder. So I renamed tHSPI_MCSMQTT.exe to HSPI_MCSSHELLY.exe and copied it over to the HS3 folder - it does not work.
            I will wait for you to have a look at it. There is no urgency.

Comment

Looks like I did HS3 and HS4 plugins differently. In the HS3 case both plugins share the same .dll location while in HS4 they each have their own copy. The process that I used
              0. Disable mcsMQTT from HS
              1. Install HS3 mcsShelly from Updater
              2. Copy from version .10 zip file HSPI_mcsShelly.exe into HS3 folder
              3. Copy from version .10 zip file mcsMQTT_2020.dll into \bin\mcsMQTT folder (needed because mcsShelly install overwrites the mcsMQTT one)
              4. Enable mcsShelly from HS
              5. Go to General tab and change subscript radio to all topics as shown below

Click image for larger version

Name:	xShelly.PNG
Views:	46
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	1394941

6. Enable mcsMQTT from HS

The main logic file is mcsMQTT_2020.dll. The HSPI_*.exe file are just wrappers to comply with the HS API. With HS3 when you update either you are affecting both. In my next submittal to the updater I will change this so that each has its own copy and will be like the HS4 plugin pair.

Comment

Dis exactly as you said. When I got to 4. " Enable mcsShelly from HS" this is what I got:

Click image for larger version  Name:	mcsShelly.PNG Views:	0 Size:	167.6 KB ID:	1394983

There is no reference to mcsShelly in the PLUG-INS drop down - only mcsMQTT which seems to be ok.
                You know there is no urgency. Ill wait either till I upgrade to HS4 or you update the updater - whichever is the earlier.
                I currently have a working system which I do not wish to redo all over again in case something goes wrong.
                Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by syedamerali View Post
                  You are not going to believe this.
                  All I did was switch on the plugin from the homeseer manage tab. Both clients were connected and cpu usage was normal - however there were no messages coming in.
                  I published to the server xx/xx/app (xx represent the different topics for the two servers) for both the clients and the messages started rolling in. I got like 19,500 messages in 20 minutes. Now my worry is to limit the messages otherwise homeseer will just get flooded. This I can do relatively easily.
                  We now may consider the matter resolved.
                  I would first like to thank you for providing this plugin free of charge. I would gladly have paid the $40 homeseer normally asks for.
                  Secondly, the support I got was better than excellent - nobody but a hobbyist who takes pride in what he has done provides this kind of support. I have paid hundreds of dollars per year for software support and got practically nothing in return; and eventually had to solve the problem myself.
                  Thank you once again for being so responsive and helpfull.
                  Totally agree

Comment

There is no reference to mcsShelly in the PLUG-INS drop down - only mcsMQTT which seems to be ok.
                    You know there is no urgency. Ill wait either till I upgrade to HS4 or you update the updater - whichever is the earlier.
                    I currently have a working system which I do not wish to redo all over again in case something goes wrong.
                    Thank you
                    I did not take the final step in my testing to confirm both ran together. I will do this. "Loaded Remotely" looks strange.

Comment

Working...
                    X