Migrating to New Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrating to New Server

I've migrated my HS3 Pro system to a new hardware platform, but I can't get mcsMQTT working. After installing the plugin I copied the Data/mcsMQTT folder from my old system to the new system. The associations seem right, but looking at the Statistics tab, the MQTT Broker Online Stats line shows "Client Null Last Online @ Never/nOffline @ ...".

Network topology has not changed including IP address of HS3 server and clients.

What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Files

The debug shows the database being processed to initialize all the topics. It then shows a failure to connect to the broker and a few retries. Everything looks normal for the plug-in but there is some issue with the Broker responding to the connection request.

If you have other MQTT tools such as MQTT Explorer then you can investigate connection the broker. If you a MQTT client that is easy to configure then you could change it's Broker to be the IP of your HS and leave the Broker IP in mcsMQTT blank. This will tell mcsMQTT to spawn a Broker and you should see traffic with the test client. This is not a permanent solution, but just trying to give you ideas to investigate.

Comment

Leaving the Broker IP in mcsMQTT blank fixed it. Thanks.

Comment

This means there is some issue with network access to your initial broker. You can change all you clients to use the mcsMQTT broker or further investigate firewall-type issues with the initial broker.

Comment

Working...
        X