Ring Alarm to MQTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring Alarm to MQTT

Installed a Ring Alarm configuration (2nd home installation). This is a replacement for XFinity home.

Current configuration is use with Echo devices (Show and Dot). Installed the Ring base station using POE.

With this set up I can monitor both the OmniPro 2 house and the Ring Alarm house. I am also using an OmniPro 2 MQTT plugin (plus the HS OmniPro plugin).

Noticed a Ring to MQTT add on was available here ==> hxxps://github.com/tsightler/ring-mqtt

Very impressed with it and have it working now in Docker doing these steps: (note this is a copy and paste from a post on Cocoontech).

1 - get token

docker run -it --rm --entrypoint node_modules/ring-client-api/ring-auth-cli.js tsightler/ring-mqtt

2 - here you put in your ring email address and password and validate login via email

3 - you will get a very long token which you utilize in the following command line:

4 - docker run --rm -e "MQTTHOST={host name}" -e "MQTTPORT={host port}" -e "MQTTRINGTOPIC={ring topic}" -e "MQTTHASSTOPIC={hass topic}" -e "MQTTUSER={mqtt user}" -e "MQTTPASSWORD={mqtt pw}" -e "RINGTOKEN={ring refreshToken}" -e "ENABLECAMERAS={true-or-false}" -e "RINGLOCATIONIDS={comma-separated location IDs}" tsightler/ring-mqtt

5 - validated it working with MQTT explorer

6 - Issue with me is persistance. It'll stay at the prompt where as I cannot kill the ssh terminal windows. So for time bean went to console and running there. Validated it running with the docker ps command and portainer.

Note: here with so many Docker containers running decided to install Portainer a few weeks ago. Portainer is also running in Docker.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Thanks pete! I just type on github the keywords: mqtt docker. It is crazy what you can file in ‘’easy to deploy’’ docker format.

Thank for the inspiration! I might use the ring one at my mom’s place if it provides nice option for the doorbell

Comment

I have noticed many MQTT to whatever now in GitHub.

Here removed the XFinity Home installed at mom's house and installed the Ring Alarm stuff there. I have her Alexa devices now talking in French which she likes.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Updated Ring alarm to MQTT application per:

Ring-MQTT: Do more with your Ring Products

Configured it with Homeseer - mcsMQTT and Home Assistant.

Working well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ring.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1410348

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Configured speech events locally and remotely based on the Ring alarm status:

1 - In house #2 with the Ring Alarm installed configured Alexa dot / show speech TTS when enabling or disabling alarm.
          2 - In house #1 configured Homeseer speech to zoned audio system here to speak status when Ring alarm becomes active or diabled. Works great.

Next

Configuring speech for garage door open or close status to Amazon devices in House #2 and HS speech in house #1.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
          X