Can't find old topic in plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find old topic in plugin

This is weird... I had an mcsMQTT device (Sonoff Temp) configured and working fine. I must have checked/unchecked a checkbox (do they have to auto-execute?) and it was deleted. Now, I can't discover it again. MQTT Spy sees it fine, but I'm unable to get mcsMQTT to display it at all, and I've tried all of the options on the Association page.
    What am I doing incorrectly to not see it now? I've restarted the plugin and it's still not able to see the MQTT device anymore... And it's not just one topic it's ALL topics from the device "tele/shop/....." tele doesn't even show up in the filters now (it used to)...

Is there some leftover remnant from the previous device/config that's blocking it from being seen again?

Thanks,
    Z
    (Not sure it's related, looking for previous version, but I updated the PI yesterday)

What can happen is a filter could be setup and then all the topics that match this filter have been deleted. The filter is still present, but not visible because the filter list is based upon existing topics. There are two Clear Filter buttons on Association tab. One for Device Filter and one for Topic filter. Use both and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      What can happen is a filter could be setup and then all the topics that match this filter have been deleted. The filter is still present, but not visible because the filter list is based upon existing topics. There are two Clear Filter buttons on Association tab. One for Device Filter and one for Topic filter. Use both and see if that helps.
      Did both several times (it was how I filtered for them previously). The topic(s) don't even show up in the filters now.

Thanks,
      Z

Comment

Got it.. My broker for borked for some reason. I saw some errors in the debug about not connecting:

7/6/2020 5:29:43 PM 1795411 | StartMQTT Connection attempt to Broker 1 Teraprime.SIAMESERESCUE.local Exception of type 'uPLibrary.Networking.M2Mqtt.Exceptions.MqttCommunicationExc eption' was thrown.
        7/6/2020 5:29:53 PM 1805414 | MQTT Thread Not Connected Yet for Broker 1, oMQTTClient(iBroker) isNothing =True

Restarting it seems to have resolved the issue.. I see all of the devices again..

Thanks,
        Z

Comment

Working...
        X