How to turn into Controllable Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to turn into Controllable Device

How do I turn this into a device that HomeSeer can control? The Shelly iOS app works fine, it publishes the MQTT messages - but I can't seem to turn it on/off via HomeSeer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-08-02 12_52_25-192.168.0.118_MQTT.png
Views:	172
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1407956

Associate it to a HS device (A column checkbox) then enter the pub topic you want HS to send when a device change is commanded.

In the case of the Shelly, the pub command topic is the same as the status topic with /command suffix added.

Comment

I'm sorry is this is rudimentary - but I can't seem to get this fan to turn on using MQTT - I'm 100% sure it's not the plug-in, it's me . . . What am I missing here?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-08-10 11_21_40-Modify shellies FanOffice....png Views:	0 Size:	71.8 KB ID:	1410118Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-08-10 11_20_14-192.168.0.118_MQTT.png Views:	0 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	1410119
      Attached Files

Comment

The publish topic has a /command suffix for most of the Shelly family. Now you have the same topic for subscribed and publish. Use shellies/FanOffice/relay/0/command for the Pub: text box entry.

I notice that you have customized the device id to be "FanOffice". This may have interfered with the auto discovery of the device and this discovery would have setup the pub topic automatically. Confirm that you did manually Associate the MQTT topic.

Comment

shellies/FanOffice/relay/0/command

Wow; the little things keep getting me. Just needed /command . . . Thanks!

I did manually assciate the MQTT topic; I checked the 'a' box to get a device as you suggested earlier - but the white text box was blank, finally figured out I needed that . . . but didn't know I needed /command

Comment

Working...
          X