Possible to add degree symbol to value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to add degree symbol to value?

I really love this plugin and i am setting up devices right now. I am using Homeseer HS4. Reading the manual i see it is possible to choose wether a payload will be stored in a device's value or string. For now i have a temperature sensor that sends it's value to mcsMQTT. I have associated this topic/value from this sensor to a device and see the sensorvalue (for example the value 20) in this HS4 device. Is it possible to add a degree symbol (Celsius) to this value so that it is displayed for example as 20℃ on the devicepage on HS?

Best regards.

The assumption is that you have the device setup as a Control/Status UI type of Number as viewed from the Edit tab. You can use HS Device Management page to add suffix to the display of the device's status. The degree symbol is ASCII code 176 and from the browser perspective it expects HTML so it would be ° or ° C as shown below. Once you edit HS device then don't later edit it in mcsMQTT as this second edit will overwrite what you have done directly in HS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	35
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1411180

Comment

Thank you! I did not realise that this had been done in de device management section of HS. I was searching in de mcsMQTT plugin settings.

I have attached 2 screenshots of Homeseer HS4. This is slightly different from your Homeseer screenshots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Knipsel2.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1411196Click image for larger version

Name:	Knipsel1.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	1411197

Comment

Working...
      X