Daikin Aircon temperature setpoint shows strange selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daikin Aircon temperature setpoint shows strange selection

I have 2 Daikin Aircons which I control via MQTT. They work fine, but I just tried to create an event to change the temperature setpoint. It does not show any temperature values in Celcius as it does on th child device, but what looks like randon 10 digit numbers (there are probably 30 or more numbers, some negative). I have tried to select some and run the event to see what happens. Most do nothing, some set the setpoint to 18, others to 33. There should be a selection of probably 15 to 35 degrees.
    Attached Files

Look at the properties of the TempSetpoint feature on the Status/Graphic tab of the device. What are the control values or range that was setup. I suspect it is a very large negative and very large positive range. I likely should set it up to be the valid range of the Daikin unit.

Comment

When I look at the source it looks like the range of value being assigned for control is 0 to 100 for temperature setpoint. While it may be desirable to narrow the range, it should not result in numbers in the full 32 bit range. This may be an issue with how HS renders device/feature actions. I think I saw a thread on HS4 where the user was complaining about how HS4 presented the selection with too many values.

Comment

Changing the status values to 5 to 30 fixed it.

Comment

Working...
        X