Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using Plex / Tautulli to trigger Events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    Michael McSharry is there an order I need to check the A boxes or something else to get them to have Parent/Child relationship?

BLPlex doesnt create HS devices for several of us and Blade has not responded so we cant use it.
    I get the following for all my plex clients? Are you guys looking for more then these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	42
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1418358

Comment

mik3 please keep on topic = mcsMQTT receiving Tautulli data. If you want to joint in thread about the problem/bug with BLPlex please click here

Comment

The order does not make any difference. I did a quick demo. The first is after the topic was received. I then check some of the A column sub checkboxes. Note the parent device checkbox was inserted by the plugin. The third is the HS DeviceUtility view at this point.

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	36
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1418370

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	24
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1418371

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	25
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1418372

It is probably not beneficial to pursue escape vs. URI encoding. Your real objective is to allow JSON syntax to be used and to do this the quotes encasing the body element data would need to be replaced with { and }. I suspect the easiest implementation would be that if the user used { and } encasing then Tautulli would exclude their quotes around the element.

Comment

Not to distract from the discussion at hand. Not sure if it helps, but if you have Plex Pass, Plex has a webhook feature.

https://support.plex.tv/articles/115002267687-webhooks/

Comment

Originally posted by lveatch View Post
            Not to distract from the discussion at hand. Not sure if it helps, but if you have Plex Pass, Plex has a webhook feature.
            https://support.plex.tv/articles/115002267687-webhooks/
            Webhooks requires us to provide a URL to a "listener" (dont think that the official term). Michael McSharry would your plugin act as such?

Comment

I have not yet run across a need for webhooks so not implemented. It is easy to do, but I do not see how this helps any. All that would changed is the payload is delivered with a different protocol, but when it gets into the HS realm you still need to dissect it and assess when something needs to be with the data.

Are you still having difficulty with creating a set of devices with mcsMQTT?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                Are you still having difficulty with creating a set of devices with mcsMQTT?
                All good, working as I'd hoped - thanks to you!!

I appreciate all your help and providing such great PIs.

Comment

Working...
                X