Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question to Michael relating to using an AS3935 Franklin Lighting sensor with Tasmota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question to Michael relating to using an AS3935 Franklin Lighting sensor with Tasmota

A week or so started a new endeavor here which is actually an updated old endeavor of using a:

AS3935 Franklin Lightning sensor ==> MQTT

Initially it was just connecting the sensor to an RPI until today found this:

AS3935 Franklin Lightning sensor

The article doesn't mention what Tasmota hardware to use.

Michael McSharry

What is it I purchase for this endeavor?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Hi Pete,

​​​​​​you can hook this sensor to a Sonoff basic or Sonoff TH16. You simply need a Tasmota flashed device with 3 free GPIO ports. You flash the Sonoff with the latest Tasmota-sensors binaries and then make the appropriate connections as per the article you are referring to. You add the MQTT parameters to the Sonoff/Tasmota config and the it will publish sensor data over MQTT.

This is the short version, let me know if you need further assistance, hope this helps.

Yann

​​​​​

Comment

Thank you Yann.

Yes looks easy. Currently using old R1 Sonoff basic devices for 1-Wire hubs. I have 3 set up this way and it works great.

Have it running fine now with the RPi2. Wondering about power supply noise and best way to approach the endeavor on a Sonoff.

Thinking of maybe installing device in attic here similiar to old 1-wire lightning sensor (which still works).
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

My pleasure,

If you look at my other post (#39) on the GDO thread
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...sensor-project
        you can order a few Sonoff Basic or TH16 and prewire them.
        The TH16 supports higher current and has somewhat better access to GPIO's, including a 2.5mm jack with one prewired GPIO;
        This last option can be interesting for someone who only needs a single GPIO (read: one-wire devices) or doesn't like to solder.
        Just need to purchase one of these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...archweb201603_ or a standard 2.5mm 4pole male cable.

Then you can shop the "Candy store...." : https://tasmota.github.io/docs/Supported-Peripherals/ =)

The AS3935 is #9 of a list of 109 supported peripherals.... hours of fun.

Other than a long run of daisy chained DS18b20 (8) + Si7021 returning temperature across the house and outdoors, I'm currently testing these 3:

BME280 5V 3.3V Digital Sensor Temperature Humidity Barometric Pressure Sensor
        https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...27424c4d7nvKE4

GY-9960-3.3 APDS-9960 proximity detection and non-contact gesture detection RGB and Gesture APDS9960 GY-9960
        https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...27424c4d7nvKE4

GY-302 BH1750 BH1750FVI light intensity illumination module 3V-5V
        https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3234...27424c4d7nvKE4

I also wired my existing/legacy AC doorbell (2 tones) to the Sonoff basic + cheap AC relays so that it can trigger events based on which doorbell is pressed (speak "someone at the front/side door", trigger cameras, presence, lights, etc.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	d0vSSVoA.jpeg
Views:	322
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1419713

Endless possibilities... and sleepless nights ...

Comment

Thank you Yann.

I have been adding a few MQTT devices slow baby fashion here.

I like to tinker with hardware and don't mind soldering stuff here.

So are the newer R2-3 Sonoff basics as easy to work on as the R1 Sonoff basic?

So here the doorbell button is connected to a zone on the OmniPro 2 panel. Using an Elk 930 doorbell board and an Elk 960 debounce board and current it is also connected to a Hikvision Wireless video doorbell.

I use the zone trigger to talk SAPI via HS. Also do TTS to Alexa devices here. Just added a ONVIF to MQTT app to sense motion from the Video doorbell. I am connecting to the video doorbell via jpg captures, ONVIF and RTSP. Using an app for displaying camera called Monocle which is a reverse proxy for Amazon Show devices.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
          X