No announcement yet.

Clickable Tasmota IP-Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I look at the console of the Tasmota device, I see nothing happening.
    If it got the command then something will show in the console assuming you have Tasmota configured to show at least INFO for Web Logging.
    To confirm it is subscribed then look at mcsMQTT Association INFO1 for the device. The topic is case sensitive.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	96
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1422052
    To confirm it was sent then look at mcsMQTT statistics tab for last published message. If you have other tools such as MQTT Explorer then use it to see if the broker knows about the message.

Comment

Thanks! In the meantime, I fired up my HS3 test environment, and it worked without any issues. Could this be a HS4 issue?

I'll try to follow your suggestions above on my HS4 environment, and get back to you.
      stefxx

Comment

Never mind. Stupid HS4

If you try to run a disabled event manually, it doesn't. If I remember correctly, I was able to run a disabled event in HS3 manually, but that doesn't work in HS4.

Either way, nothing to do with the plugin. Thanks for everyone's help!

EDIT: The event wasn't disabled, just the action. I guess it makes sense. My bad!
        stefxx

Comment

Glad you got it working.... And I keep taking notes for my upcoming HS4 upgrade ... Thanks for paving the way

Comment

Thanks again. One final note for Michael McSharry , there is a small UI issue when following the tip this thread started with:

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	97
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1422067
            stefxx

Comment

I understand potential issues with topic that has colon and mcsMQTT convention of using colon as a JSON level separator. Can you explain why something that starts with luchtdruk/30:AE:A4:CF:38:6C provides a better result than starting with 30:AE:A4:CF:38:6C/luchtdruk?
              You are absolute right about that swapping it would have helped. All other topics begins with the devicename so I wanted to use T1 to select a device. (that works now correct by removing the ":" in the topic)

Click image for larger version  Name:	T1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	61.7 KB ID:	1422095

Can you give an example of what you would like to be able to do via script?
              Preferable all things you need to click to complete the finishing of a device setup. I wanted to change the tasmota device topics to the default so I can use Tasmota Device Manager. When you change however the topic for an existing device you need to set/select all correct options this window:

Click image for larger version  Name:	mqttRegEx.png Views:	0 Size:	94.5 KB ID:	1422096

I understand the efficiency gains with ESPNow, but what do you have implemented using it? Somebody in the past has suggested it for the BLE location tracking projected I implemented as a means of the ESP32 to intercommunicate to share beacon information.
              I just use it for battery sensors. Temperature, Humidity, Air pressure, Motion Detection (home made)
              As gateway(s) I use an ESP32 (which is powered) and passes a json string from the battery device to WiFI/MQTT and the other ways around (buffering the message till the battery device is awake). I prefer ESPnow above BLE since the reach is very good.

Comment

From your post I don't see any, however bartg wants to go back to default... I like to understand why?
                I want to use the "Tasmota Device Manager". That tool needs both %prefix% and %topic%. I agree with that, not using the %prefix% makes more sense then using it.

Comment

bartg
                  The knowledge of mcsMQTT is in \Data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT.db. The table of interest is MQTT_MESSAGE. The fields are "Source" for subscribed topic and "Topic" for published topic. You can change these when mcsMQTT has been disabled with queries or scripting queries. When mcsMQTT starts up you will then have a new set of topics. You can do the same thing on the history database that is in the same folder, but likely not necessary.

Seems you have made custom sensors. Is this so you can use batteries with WiFi vs. using something like Zigbee sensors?

stefxx

UI is fixed in http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsMQTT_5_5_3_1.zip

Comment

Seems you have made custom sensors. Is this so you can use batteries with WiFi vs. using something like Zigbee sensors?
                    I my made my custom sensors as a hobby project. Besides the WiFi sensors I also have zwave and plugwise (zigbee) in my home. The biggest challenge I have with these protocols is the complete inability to troubleshoot. With the thick concrete walls and floors in my house especially zigbee gives me sometimes problems which I cannot find. With WiFi you can also have problems, but then you can measure and adjust. ESPnow seemed to be a good solution around these problems and solved the battery issue. It costed me much time to figure out some of the programming details/behavior, but for the last year I have never missed a packet. Other thing still on my list is building battery sensors with an e-paper display. The prototype works already. I still have to make a custom PCB.

Thanks for the database tip!

Comment

Originally posted by bartg View Post
                      I solved 1 in the following way (by making the devicestring in homeseer clickable. It will open the webUI of tasmota in a new browser window):

Click image for larger version  Name:	TasmotaDeviceWIthClickableIP.png Views:	42 Size:	38.4 KB ID:	1421945
                      To make the devicestring clickable do this in mcsMQTT: create a device with the ipaddress:
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	mqttdevice.png Views:	41 Size:	10.4 KB ID:	1421946
                      And make the following regular expression (RegEx):
                      for copy/past: (.+)
                      for copy/past: <a href="http://$1"target="_blank">$1</a>

Click image for larger version  Name:	mqttRegEx.png Views:	41 Size:	94.5 KB ID:	1421947
                      Would there be a simple way to do multiple changes via some sort of batch job ?
                      I like the tweak but would like to avoid changing every single device one by one.... I have a significant number of them,
                      Let me know if you have any ideas, cheers.
                      Yann

Comment

Would there be a simple way to do multiple changes via some sort of batch job ?
                        I like the tweak but would like to avoid changing every single device one by one.... I have a significant number of them,
                        Let me know if you have any ideas, cheers.
                        Yann
                        The same approach I described above applies in this case. Direct manipulation of the mcsMQTT database will let you massage things to fit your preferences. Anything that I could provide via scripting would just be an intermediate step that ultimately changes something in the mcsMQTT database.

Comment

I had a look at the structure of the mcsMQTT.db and it seems very logical.

Name:	dbbrowser.PNG
Views:	94
Size:	307.0 KB
ID:	1423146

I would use a python script to manipulate

Comment

As long as I can edit the database in the same manner a spreadsheet is edited, Via DBbrowser or some other tool, that would be fine.

Would then just filter the correct entries and copy/paste the Regex data.

Not familiar with database/SQL management ; would this be feasible or am I too optimistic ?

Thanks

Comment

It should be that simple. Pattern, Replace, and Match columns of the table are the RegEx entries. Look at https://github.com/sqlitebrowser/sql...ng-the-Filters for using the filter with DBBrowserForSQLite

Comment

Working...
                              X