Daikin Aircons cannot be controlled any more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daikin Aircons cannot be controlled any more

Up to yesterday I could control my 2 Daikin AC's via MQTT (has been working fine for a few months now), and status also updates in HS4 if I change it via the app or remote. (I am on the HS3 version of the PI)
    Today I tried to control my Ac, but nothing happend, the device status did not change in HS either. I used the app to turn on the AC. Status is not reflected in HS. I then tried my other Daikin AC, same thing. I tried restarting the PI, restarting HS4. No change.
    I can see in MQTT that the message is being sent. I have installed MQTT explorer to see if I can see anything, and I can see the message being sent
    <My IP> set = ON

What I am not sure if its right, In the PI page Statistics, for every command I send to the AC, I can see an increase in MQTT Messages Published by mcsMQTT, but also in MQTT Received & not Associated by mcsMQTT

Other MQTT stuff like Alexa TTS and Ring doorbell events still work without issues.

I am fairly new to MQTT so still struggle to understand a lot of things. I have not touched anything in the PI since it was working yesterday, and the IP for the AC's are unchanged and correct in the PI (same as in the app too)

The easiest way to diagnose is with the debug file that is produced when General Tab Debug setting is enabled. The created file is in \data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT Debug.txt. In particular it will contain lines for "SubGet URL" and "SubGet Return" for commands going to the Daikin. There will be additional debug between "SetIOMulti" and these when command a Daikin device.

Comment

I have sent on and off commands to both Daikins with debug enabled. Here is the debug file

I found it. Dont ask me how, but the IP addresses of my AC's disappeared from the PI. After I entered them again, all is working fine. Something has deleted them from the PI, but the devices were still there and normally do not look at the setting where you enter the IP's. Just as I was thinking of reinstalling the PI and writing down all the seetings did I look at where you enter the IP for the Daikin.

Comment

Glad you found it. The IP addresses are retained in \Config\mcsMQTT.ini. There are other tabs on the TCP page so that if one of those was edited then this provides a candidate opportunity. I have never seen such behavior.

Comment

I didnt touch the TCP page either. As soon as I've seen that the IP's were gone I knew I found the fault...

Comment

Working...
          X