Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accum Devices not resetting at midnight

Hi All,

I have setup some Accum devices to have energy values per day but they are not resetting at midnight, I have selected "Delta Since Midnight" as the MQTT topic is an energy counter which is counting total kWh used from day 0. The accum Device does keep the same value as the original device.

Does someone have similar experience? Any Idea what could be wrong?

P.S. It's a very great plugin!!

Do you have setting of the Accum device for since midnight or delta? This is something that has not been looked at for some time. Also, do you have HS3 or HS4 version of the plugin?

Comment

I did use HS3 version, but I just upgraded to HS4 version (5.5.2.0). I was checking all devices for which I have added an Accum device, they are all on "Delta since Midnight".

Comment

I will take a look tomorrow. This part of the plugin has not been touched for at least a year.

Comment

Fixed in version 5.3.3.8. http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsMQTT_5_5_3_8.zip for HS4 plugin. http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_5_3_8.zip for HS3 plugin. As a minimum extract mcsMQTT_2020.dll or mcsMQTTHS4_2020.dll into \bin\mcsMQTT. It may also be necessary to extract eval3.dll into same location. To get version update reflected in HS the extract HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe into HS folder. Alternate HS4 install is to extract updater_override.json into HS4 folder and put zip there also. Navigate to Plugins \ Add and only HS4 plugin showing will be mcsMQTT. Select it. Remove updater_override.json to restore normal Updater operation.

Comment

Hi Michael, thanks for your quick update! I have installed the HS4 version via the alternate instructions. This update was successful. Now I can't create an Accum device anymore. If I click "Create a HS Accum device" the selection box blinks but doesn't change into a check mark.

Comment

HS4 upgrade issue where API changed from "checked" to "true" on checkbox values. This one I missed on the original conversions. and had done my testing after it was created with HS3 plugin. Fixed in http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsMQTT_5_5_3_9.zip

Comment

Great! I've updated to this version and now I was able to thick the Accum box and the Accum device is created. These Accum devices are currently showing the same as the original devices, I'll monitor what happens at midnight and report back.

Update after midnight: It's working now! The Accum devices all resetted to 0 at midnight and are accumulating since then. Thank for your great & very quick support!
                Last edited by blb; October 6, 2020, 05:47 PM. Reason: Updated after midnight

Comment

Working...
                X