Shelly Device question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shelly Device question

I am just entering into the world of these devices. I have also not used MQTT before. So on that note: I am looking at a Shelly 1 with the temperature addon. Will this plugin support this addon? I have read the plugin supports shelly devices, so my assumption is the shelly 1 is supported.

Yes the Shelly 1 is supported. Look at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsShelly.pdf for the Shelly setup. Use mcsMQTT rather than mcsShelly to give yourself more flexibility. I will be gone most of the day so response will be later if you have further questions.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	mcsqtt 3.PNG
Views:	193
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1428643Click image for larger version

Name:	mcsqtt 1.PNG
Views:	176
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1428644Click image for larger version

Name:	mcsqtt 2.PNG
Views:	180
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1428645 I received the Shelly1pm with the temp sensore addon. I installed mcsmqtt. I followed the pdf to setup and add the shelly 1pm to HS4. I see something weird and am not sure what I need to do. In the plugin I see where the Shelly 1pm is reporting information to mcsmqtt. I can see where the temp is being reported to mcsmqtt. I found the devices in the devices of HS4. So if I look at the shelly 1pm web interface the temp reads 67.5F. I look in the pluhgin of mcsmqtt at the info being reported I see the 67.5F being reported. The problem I have is the device in HS4 is reporting 97.41F. Can you advise me on how to properly address this problem?

Comment

I suspect that there is a conversion from C to F being done. Two choices. One is to have Shelly report temperature in C. The other is to remove the conversion from C to F from mcsMQTT. For the second choice you can click on the REF number in the Association tab for the temp device to bring up the Edit page. Look for the Expression field that I suspect will contain the equation for conversion. Edit this text box to remove the equation.

Comment

I did figure this out but I have done something to my devices. Now I cannot control the power to the Shelly1pm. So I think the easiest waty to deal with this is to restart from scratch. I know how to uninstall the plugin. How do I remove the objects that were created? Basically the goal will be to remove and then reinstall so the plugin can recreate to devices for my shelly 1pm

Comment

No need to uninstall. On the General tab, obsolete topic row, enter #. This will delete the memory of all previously received messages. Restart of toggle power on Shelly device to induce a message to be sent. It will not change your general setup settings.

Comment

Thanks. I believe I got the devices straightened out. Do you know how I can integrate the temperature sensor into an event. Basically what I am trying to do is. If the temperature is a below a certain temp than turn on the shelly1pm. Where I am stuck is I picked "If this device had its value set and it is less than" Than the next question is either "Anyvalue" or "Custom Value". If I input a number it does not keep the number I input. My thought is that a Custom Value of 65 would be 65 F. I am not sure if I need to modify the tem sensor device or what I need to do.

Comment

Yes, custom value is the choice and 65 will be 65F

Comment

Working...
                X