No announcement yet.

Updater asking for wrong zip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your responsiveness to getting this to work Michael is really appreciated. I think that once users understand how useful the newer long-range BT products can be in home automation, both your plugin and those products will become even more popular. You will have helped paved the way for that to happen. I'm using them for presence detection, but I'm sure with a little imagination they could solve many challenges that pure z-wave products simply can't. For instance, I don't, but if I had a big chunk of land and shed way in the back corner of the lot, I could easily be notified if a light turned on (they make a device that screws into a light socket and then the bulb screws in that is also a BT charger) they'd know. For people who live in areas with no, or very flaky cell reception, they no longer need to depend on their phones to interface with HS for a variety of tasks...etcetera.

Comment

Update at http://mcssprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsMQTT_5_6_4_0.zip for HS4. The HS3 version is also available at http://mcssprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_6_4_0.zip.

You will see less activity in HS devices with the plugin and with the new setting on the Beacon tab of the TCP page you can have it behave as a simple home=0, away=-1.

RFID was popular for this purpose last decade, but this high performance beacon does provide a reliable result. Even the cheaper beacons work fine for short distance motion.

Comment

As always...thanks! Loading it up right now! Will let you know how it goes. While I'm sure you're not on pins and needles waiting, just an FYI that I probably will be offline all or most of today.

Comment

Hey Michael,

When I try to open the HS4 zip file on either my main PC or the HS4 server under Windows 10 I get a message that the zip is invalid.

Comment

You are correct the upload stopped in the middle. I restarted it. It is typically 15 to 30 minutes to upload at my upload bandwidth of 20K bytes/sec and it often happens that it gets stuck. I'm anticipating Starlink and glad to see it is now in public beta.

Comment

Working...
            X