No announcement yet.

Ignore a specific topic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I deleted the device, and added it manually. Weird, but now it works with settings exactly as pictured above.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Hmmm! It happened again. The publish to sound/in works, but the plugin doesn't update the device even if it's sees the topic on the Statistics page.

Yes, the device is subscribed and publishes to the same topic, but should that be a problem? What makes it weird (in my opinion) is that it works in the beginning, and after a couple of days it just stops.

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

By design, the same topic cannot be used to both report status and control a device. It opens up the potential for a endless loop of topic received, HS updated, HS event callback resulting in topic published, topic received ...

I suspect that when first setup the same pub/sub topic was not checked, but on a plugin restart during initialization it was checked so updates stopped.

Comment

Okay, I see your point. Too bad really, as it would make a better user experience.

I'll check to see if I manage to create an output only device, but I'm not sure how I would do that. I've read chapter 4.1.3, do I have to create a "Non plugin device" to do this?

Comment

Or once again I've come to the conclusion that I'm the idiot. I've once again demonstrated that I'm not that used to MQTT yet.

I've come across this myself in my code (the infinite loop, I mean), and what it means is that I need to separate the status and control topics. Which makes the implementation in HomeSeer much easier and the code much cleaner.

Comment

Working...
            X