Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple instructions for setting up WLED...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple instructions for setting up WLED...

Sorry for asking if this has already been asked and answered....

I've been trying my hardest to figure out how to get this up and running but I just don't know enough to fill in the gaps in what I know.

1. I've got mcsMQTT up and running with some devices created in HS4.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Assosiations MQTT.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1437503

I've only got 4 devices, g=brightness, c=primary color, status and v=API response.

Name:	WLED DEVICES.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1437504

So far so good think.

How do I add controls for the send and third colors?

How do I add controls for Effects, Speed and Intensity?

How can I manage spacing through mcsMQTT? This and this tell me it is possible, I just don't know how to make it work. Can anyone walk me through how to do it?

Thanks.

when wled has been configured to sync using Mqtt with the same broker as is being used by mcsMQTT then mcsMQTT will create all the devices and controls when it sees the topic starting with wled/ which is the default for wled app.

Comment

OK, so by changing the device topic in WLED I borked it!

I guess I should not have changed that. Thanks.

Comment

You can use different topic for wled, but then you forfeit the built in integration provided by mcsMQTT. You will need to setup each topic manually. For the controls you will enter the pub topic text box with what wled is expecting for the topic to control that end point. You likely will also need to specify the payload template for the format of the data that wled is expecting. To know what you need you will reference the API for WLED. WLED complies with MQTT protocol, but in a non-standard way so configuration is a little more awkward than with others.

Comment

Just got mine set up last night good work. Can we get preset and playlist support?

Comment

I did not recognize an API for preset definition. I suspect that this part would be handled directly through the WLED browser page.

Playlists were added with 0.11.0 so it needs to be pretty recent. The API example is shown below. What do you envision for how HS and the plugin would interact with the playlist capability? My guess is that the plugin would provide a means to save and display a set of named playlists like it does with publists and then provide the ability to select the playlist as an event action as it does now with the publist.

Code:
            { "playlist": { "ps": [26, 20, 18, 20], "dur": [30, 20, 10, 50], "transition": 0, "repeat": 10, "end": 21 } }

This example applies preset ID 26 for 3 seconds, then preset 20 for 2 seconds, then preset 18 for 1 second, lastly preset 20 again for 5 seconds. This repeats 10 times, then preset 21 is applied.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
              I did not recognize an API for preset definition. I suspect that this part would be handled directly through the WLED browser page.

Playlists were added with 0.11.0 so it needs to be pretty recent. The API example is shown below. What do you envision for how HS and the plugin would interact with the playlist capability? My guess is that the plugin would provide a means to save and display a set of named playlists like it does with publists and then provide the ability to select the playlist as an event action as it does now with the publist.

Code:
              { "playlist": { "ps": [26, 20, 18, 20], "dur": [30, 20, 10, 50], "transition": 0, "repeat": 10, "end": 21 } }

This example applies preset ID 26 for 3 seconds, then preset 20 for 2 seconds, then preset 18 for 1 second, lastly preset 20 again for 5 seconds. This repeats 10 times, then preset 21 is applied.
              That’s what I was thinking

Comment

Playlist support was added to http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsMQTT_5_11_0_0.zip (HS4). I will follow-up with porting changes to HS3. WLED 0.11.0 introduced playlists so the functionality will only work with this or later version of WLED.

Device feature added to select a playlist if any playlists are defined. MQTT Event action can send a playlist request. TCP page, WLED tab adds table to manage the playlists.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	363
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1439572 ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post

Code:

I was looking at the WLED wiki and the api let’s you set presets but looking at the presets section it was revamped in version 11 and the api page wasn’t yet updated

Comment

I added the Preset control and tested vs.0.11.0 of WLED. http://mcsSprinkler.com/HSPI_mcsMQTT_5_11_1_0.zip (HS4) and http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_11_1_0.zip (HS3/HS4).

The manual was updated as well to provide guidance on the WLED presets (and previously for the playlists).

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	379
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1439893

Comment

You rock!

Comment

Hi Michael , just a quick note:
                        When creating playlists, the associated HS device creates all VSPs under "control" ;
                        this ends up showing "dim X" as a status;

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	11.1 KB ID:	1506106

Manually changing to "both", solves it but once you create a new playlist, all VSPs are reset to "control".
                        Not a big deal but you may want to add it for next version (or maybe already done as I haven't upgraded to the most recent one )

Cheers,

Comment

I made the suggest change and included in the version described in post #14 at Feature request: Ability to add tags to InfluxDB recording - HomeSeer Message Board

Comment

Working...
                          X