Device value not changing with payload and status changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device value not changing with payload and status changes

I recently migrated from HS3 to HS4. Before doing so, I updated all HS3 plugins, including mcsMQTT from version 5.6.3.0 to 5.9.3.2. The migration went well and I've noticed very few problems. However, some events I had in HS3 to monitor the watts being used by the dryer and announce when its cycle is finished stopped working. I noticed that the trigger for the event was no longer firing, as it was looking for a change in the "value" of the current/watts coming from a current monitor via MQTT, and although the payload is changing in the association table and HS4 device status, the value is no longer changing in HS. I confirmed that it's also no longer working in HS3.

Here's one of the events that's no longer working:

This is the Advanced Info of the Energy diginrg_6c Dryer Watts device in HS4, showing the incorrect value:

This is the entry from the Association table for the Energy diginrg_6c Dryer Watts with the correct payload:

Although the status of the HS device follows stays in sync with the payload in mcsMQTT, the HS device value never changes from 27. I think that's why my events no longer trigger. Any ideas on why this might be occurring?

the payload is changing in the association table and HS4 device status, the value is no longer changing in HS.

Although the status of the HS device follows stays in sync with the payload in mcsMQTT, the HS device value never changes from 27.
    DeviceStatus comes from either DeviceString or DeviceValue. If your Control/Status UI is selected to be text or if the Edit tab setting for the topic is set to store in DeviceString then only the DeviceString will be updated. The applicable section of the Edit tab (from HS3 plugin, but same in HS4) is shown below

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	15.4 KB ID:	1438342

Comment

Thank you, Michael. Changing "Text" to "Number" solved the event triggering issue, as "in HS Device Value" was already selected in "Store Payload" . Tomorrow, I'll work on the now-missing status value on the Devices menu.

Comment

BTW...was that a plugin upgrade issue, or an HS3 to HS4 upgrade issue?

Comment

A topic is selected to be text if mcsMQTT sees non-numeric payload at the time the topic was Associated with HS Device. I would not call it an issue of upgrade or HS3 vs. HS4. If it was previous selected as a number and was changed to text then something else going on.

Comment

Working...
          X