Charting in mcsMQTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting in mcsMQTT

Michael, just realized mcsMQTT can save HS devices and chart them without having to publish them. Very useful feature. Thank you.

I have a couple of questions:

1 . Besides chart, is it a way to view saved HD device historic values? I see one can view history of publishd topics but can’t find a way to view devices not associated.

2. On chart tab, is “relative start date/time” always from current time or it can be from another specified time? Understood you can specify start/end time separately in the box just above that.

Never noticed I had not provided a selector for Device History. It does exist for Charting Devices. I can put that selector on the History tab. Seems appropriate to do it for InfluxDB as well.

Can you explain your use case for dates relative to something other than now? My intention with what now exists is to always chart the most recent data so a moving window could be observed if the chart was placed on a touch screen or other UI where the chart was refreshed every minute or whatever.

Comment

After spending more time with mcsMQTT chart, I am getting used to separate start/end times. The use case I had in mind was: if one wants to review historic chart (i.e. last 3 days) at a fine resolution (i.e. set full scale of x axis to 4 hours), it would be nice to leave x-axis scale at 4 hours and just scroll through the start time. Current setup takes a few more clicks but works fine.

I like the way you designed this so chart of most most recent data can be refreshed over time. I noticed a minor issues: if I wait long enough for screen/computer to go to sleep, after waking up, clicking on "show selected chart" button doesn't update the older chart. Clicking on refresh button on the browser will cause display to jump to association tab, and when back on chart tab, scales for the original chart are not retained. Loading the saved setting for same chart doesn't actually reset the scale, you would have to load a different chart, then reload the original chart to get the expected settings restored.

Comment

The chart page is intended for analysis which is expected to be somewhat interactive. This is true of every function on the MQTT page tabs. After about 20 mins the page without any user input is dropped so plugin does not spend CPU cycles updating a page nobody is viewing.

The plugin provides chart on demand (e.g http:localhost/MQTT?Payload=ChartName) that would typically be a href from a client such as browser IFrame or touch screen that has a auto refresh (e.g every minute)

What I was not aware is that the same chart would not load. It should come up on a browser page refresh with no chart selected so it would be possible to select the same chart as was being viewed before the refresh.

Comment

A more generalized charting capability was added in 5.13.5.0 with source being SQLite or InfluxDB. There is a related thread in the HS4 forum at Multiple lines on each of two axis & InfluxDB Charting - HomeSeer Message Board

I would like to get this into the Updater this week if all goes well.

Comment

Working...
          X