Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shelly UNI , no buttons and sensor readings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use the Browse Data tab, Select MQTT_MESSAGE table from selector. Click on Ref column to make finding the topic easier. Click on the sequence number to the left of the first column so the entire row with the culprit topic is visible. Click on the Delete key on the keyboard to clear out all fields in the row. Use upper right X to close DB Browser for SQLite. It will prompt if you want to save changes and select yes.

Comment

Thank you for your explanation.

I did so , all was nicely gone:
      -Plugged the UNI in again, and it showed as it should be ...
      -I clicked in the association tab the " input" device to show as well ( renamed it input in the GUI), ( the checkboxes under "a")
      -unchecked the events and the fahrenheit devices and it showed how I wanted it to be.
      -grouped the shelly-online for this device under the device 1394 , so all is grouped in one.
      -except device 1410 , I can not group that one under the rest..... not a biggie , but it would be nice that everything is in the same frame.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-02-16 17_42_35-Devices.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1456618

BUT then..... a homeseer restart ... and this shows up :

Name:	2021-02-16 17_53_04-Devices.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1456619
      A big mess again , lots of extra devices , the fahrenheit devices are back , some " parent" devices , event devices.... etc

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
      Cor

Comment

The plugin has special logic to put all the online status topics under one Device. At this time I would not try to regroup these.

The plugin has been updated to create the input topics automatically. I would use it. Post #8 of https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...oses-sub-field has the download links.

Obsolete all the topics for the Uni. General tab, Obsolete row shellies/xxxx/# where xxxx is the id for this shelly device

The plugin makes backups of the database on each startup so you should be able to go back to a prior configuration. You are also welcome to email to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net your database so I can assure its integrity.

Comment

I just updated to this latest version.

-deleted the UNI with the obsolete row
          Code:
          shellies/shellyuni-3C6105E4F1C3/#
          -unchecked the "even"t devices and "fahrenheit" devices with ( "a") in the association tab.
          -restarted HS 4 , and they all came back with different "parents" :

Name:	2021-02-16 22_21_35-Devices.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1456699

Very wierd.
          I have emailed you the database , I hope you find something odd.

Thanks,
          Cor

Comment

I looked at your database.

Note that this obsolete template in post #49 removes all of this Uni device except the Offline status device that is under the topic shellies/announce/shellyuni-3C6105E4F1C3. That is OK since the intent is to leave Offline status under a different parent.

After using the obsolete template that you posted and then looking at the database it shows that all prior records had been deleted. Just in case you have issue I emailed back the database at this stage.

Next step is to confirm that HS has no memory of the Uni devices, except the Offfline status devices. If it does, then remove them using Devices page.

In the plugin version you are now using I see that the new devices are not remembered until an orderly shutdown. You may or may not be doing this. In my testing I did not so I updated the plugin to store the information in the database immediately. I also see that the database did not delete the parent ref entry when it delete the HS parent device. This is likely the root cause of the issue you are having. The update is at:

HS4: http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsMQTT_5_14_3_4.zip
            HS3: http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_14_3_4.zip

The updated version of the plugin will include the two input devices in the desired grouping. Now apply power to this Uni. This will create a new parent and all the children. Since the database was previously cleaned everything should be in order. You can restart the plugin to confirm. You have a second Uni device so you may want to go through the process

In summary
            1. download 5.14.3.4 version of plugin
            2. remove power from uni
            3. obsolete using shellies/shellyuni-3C6105E4F1C3/#
            3. confirm HS no longer has devices for this Uni except the online status
            4. apply power to uni

Comment

Unfortunately no joy.

-installed the new version of the plugin(HS4 version).
              -removed power from the UNI
              -Obsoleted the device.
              -deleted the devices in HS using " bulk edit" , except for the online device
              - Powered the UNI

>>
              -all devices came back , the uni worked normally
              -Unchecked all the events , counter, and fahrenheit devices with the "a" .
              -on the HS4 GUI it looked nice again with only the devices I wanted.
              -restarted HS4

-all devices came back again with their own parent .... looked very messy

>> started all over with the procedure but now I factory reset the UNI.
              -Still the same

-at one stage I also got another " online" device. and an older one kept being offline, I deleted this offline device. ( Think this happened after the factory reset).

In Short , I cannot remove all the devices which I don´t need. After a shutdown and power up of HS4 , they all come back , unfortunately all with their own parents.

Anything else I can try, although this is not a biggie anymore , since the inputs now show under the " Parent" as well , it is just a lot of unnecessary devices.

Thanks ,
              Cor

Comment

I ran down the issue to be a problem how parent topics were being identified for display update that caused an exception and incomplete code execution. It is fixed now with 5.14.3.5.

HS3 http://mcssprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_14_3_5.zip
                HS4 http://mcssprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsMQTT_5_14_3_5.zip

Uploader Override instructions at first post of https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...es-to-influxdb

Comment

YES!

Now it is functioning correctly, when a device is removed with the "a" function in association , and HS4 is restarted the device remains gone.

Many thanks for your time,
                  Cor

Comment

I am running into this same issue. I am using plug-in v6.8.2.0 and I cannot control the Shelly devices anymore as the buttons are not populating.
                    1. I removed the mcsMQTT DB
                    2. Removed obsolete topics and deleted HS4 devices
                    3. Restarted mcsMQTT

Each time the device and Child devices are created, the buttons are missing. I tried adding VSP: as well and still no luck. What can I do to get this working again?

Name:	image.png
Views:	87
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1640193

Comment

Working...
                    X