Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTU/PLC controller 8-in and 8-out

Hi Folks

Not sure where to post this however I'm a big believer in CAT5 when it comes to HA that just has to work 100%. I purchased this unit from Aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...rchText=0808MT

Its a pseudo PLC, more of an RTU. This particular version supports MQTT. With a little coding in node red I now have 8 real time inputs (interrupt driven) and 8 relay outputs on cat5. The node red flows are fairly simply, just a little JSON manipulation. I would normally use an Arduino to do this however its at a remote location and I use 2 mosquitto brokers as the bridge.

Again the MQTT plugin makes it so simple.....

Pete
    HS 2.2.0.11

Nice to see there is yet another commercial product that natively supports MQTT. I would not have guessed this one did, but looking into the details it showed the capability.

What are you doing in Node-Red that you could not do with the expression functions built into mcsMQTT?

Comment

Hi Michael.....I agree I could do this with expression functions in mcsMQTT. I had been playing a little with NodeRed, I had planned to communicate via Modbus however I'm sure I need to poll the inputs for a status change...hence why I went down the MQTT path. Its a solid little unit, probably not price competitive if you use the Arduino Mega with the relevant plugin however this is pretty much a turnkey sollution for stuff that just has to work. I will have a look in the mcsMQTT plugin to see what it sees and try it....
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
        Hi Folks

Not sure where to post this however I'm a big believer in CAT5 when it comes to HA that just has to work 100%. I purchased this unit from Aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...rchText=0808MT

Pete
        Hi Pete,

I could not tell which AliExpress item you were referring to. But I am curious what you use this type of device for. Can you give an example?

Thanks, Dave

Comment

Working...
        X