No announcement yet.

I probably don't understand something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates are at http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsMQTT_5_15_1_3.zip for HS4. HS3 is http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_15_1_3.zip. I did my testing based upon the side that has the real hardware. I'm assuming that the virtual side was working ok.

Comment

The virtual side was okay ASSUMING the design is that the virtual side sends the MQTT message but does not actually update the virtual Homeseer (plugin owned) device -- and it is only updated once an update comes from the side with the real hardware. When I got into this failure mode, hitting the CPI button on the virtual side did NOT change the value of the either the virtual device or the real physical device.

I'll install this and see let if know if it ever recurs. Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Comment

The design is that the plugin device is updated based upon the payload of the sub topic. The plugin device is not updated when HS commands a plugin device. The command results in a publish on the pub topic. It is the responsibility of the physical device to update status that will subsequently result in a message being published which is then received to affect the new status.

Comment

Very strange behavior with HS4----don't need anything, but you might want to stick this away in your back pocket in case anyone else sees the same behavior. Loading the latest version (5.15.1.3) the updater failed saying it could not find the zip file. Not only did it not load, but the existing version went away and was no longer in the list of active plugins. I tried several things (hitting the refresh button on the install plugin page each time), including reloading from the updater (which worked), reloading the previous version (5.15.1.1) which failed in the same way (using the same file that had worked a few days ago), also removing the installed version. Restart of HS4 solved the problem -- same zip file, same process worked after the restart. Just something to tuck away in case someone else has a problem sideloading the plugin. (By the way: the exact same file and process worked perfectly the first time on my other HS4 installation)

Comment

Working...
          X