Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't enable express mode on existing devices after upgrade

Michael,

I finally took the plunge and upgraded to the most recent version from 3.4 (before express mode was introduced). I'm seeing mcsMQTT consume about 25% of the CPU now, and I'd like to enable express mode on the current topics I have but the checkbox is disabled/doesn't work. Here's a screeshot from the Associations tab

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	68
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1469175

The only selectable box is on #2 gw1000/data and if I select it, everything that starts with gw1000 changes to a grey selected box, but if I navigate to the second page and come back they are unselected.

I read the manual on express mode but didn't see anything that struck me as a lightbulb moment.

Any help is appreciated.

I realized after looking closer that I could set express mode on the TASMOTA devices I had, and that in fact the express mode on the gw1000/data stuck after all. The filter seemed to cause the "disappearing" checkboxes when I swapped pages. After removing the filter and sorting by associations I think everything is working.

Comment

Another technique that may be even more effective at CPU management is to set the Topic Discovery radio to only Accepted Topics after you have associated the topics that you are using. This approach reduces the amount of traffic the broker sends to mcsMQTT. You can toggle back and forth if you want to add a new MQTT device that was not previously discovered.

Comment

Thanks, I had made that change as well. CPU is now down to zero. The plugin is the largest memory consuming task now, but it may have been before as well.

Comment

There is much information that is cached to minimize CPU use and it has much logic to improve the user experience so I suspect it will be a heavy user of RAM. It likely was a big user in earlier versions as well.

Comment

Working...
          X