Errors in HS4 startup pop up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors in HS4 startup pop up

I am seeing errors relating to MSQTT in the HS4 startup popup. It seems to be working fine, I dont know when this started. I just updated to 5.16.0.5 and restarted HS4 (4.1.16.0). I still see errors

12/06/2021 11:27:26 mcsMQTT~!~Info~!~StartTrace at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode) at MCSMQTTHS4_2020.WritelogFile.StartTrace() in C:\Users\Public\Documents\TFVC\HS\MQTT\MCSMQTTHS4_2020\Write logFile.vb:line 55 Line 0 The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT Debug.txt' because it is being used by another process.Startup Complete, 2 errors detected, check the log for more information.

This is the plugin's debug file. The error occurs as the file is being created following removal of the backup and rename of the last one to be the backup. It probably means either the backup or current file was open when this process was being attempted. The end result is probably that the debug file just continues from where the last one ended rather than a new one being created.

I am not familiar with the term "HS startup popup". Is the console window?

Code:
    Try
    If System.IO.File.Exists(sBackupFile) Then
    System.IO.File.Delete(sBackupFile)
    End If
    If System.IO.File.Exists(sFile) Then
    System.IO.File.Move(sFile, sBackupFile)
    End If
    Catch
    End Try

oStream = New FileStream(sFile, FileMode.OpenOrCreate)

Comment

This is what I meant

I take it I run the script and see if that removes the error ? It comes up in the window when I restart HS4

Attached Files

Comment

I was just showing the code where the error is being generated.

I would just ignore it since it is only related to debug file. If I see it I will investigate.

Comment

Working...
        X