Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internal broker stops recording on HS4-Pi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal broker stops recording on HS4-Pi?

I've made a simple, stupid thing with WLED that I'm using at the office. I've also set up a HS4 system on a Pi at the office, it's in charge of charging our batteries. I installed mscMQTT on it and wanted to controll the WLED thing. It works great!

For a while...

It seems that the internal mscMQTT broker shuts down? The plugin is running, but the WLED sign does not respond to any of the controls in HS4. If I turn it on using the WLED web page, the status is not updated in HS4.

If I restart the plugin, it works again. For a while.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Hmm... it might be too early to call. I shut down the Pi, and pulled the power. It has been stable for a few hours now. Crossing fingers!
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

There was another user with internal broker issue that would eventually fail on heavy MQTT load. It was diagnosed to socket issue waiting for something and just burning CPU cycles. I suggest using Mosquitto which has widespread use. Mosquitto MQTT Broker (steves-internet-guide.com)

Comment

I'm using Mosquitto at home, but I love the simplicity of using the internal broker at work.
        I get that it's not meant for heavy use, but a single WLED instance can't be heavy...?

If it doesnt' get better, I'll consider installing mosquitto on the Pi.

Comment

Working...
        X