Cannot Edit Topic=Payload Field in Send Mqtt Message Event Command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Edit Topic=Payload Field in Send Mqtt Message Event Command

I created an HS3 event that uses the Send Mqtt Message command. The event works as expected.

I cloned the event and edited the clone to do the same thing for a different Tasmota device. I find (consistently) that I am unable to make the necessary edit to the topic=payload field of the command. The edited change is apparently accepted, but after I click Submit, the field still contains its original content.

I have successfully used a workaround: I can add a new command to the event, in which I specify the topic=payload string that I want. The desired string is accepted into the command. I then delete the command I was unable to edit, and all is well.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

I am running the mcsMQTT internal broker with version 5.16.2.1.

I have seen this same type of behavior in the past and it was isolated to the clone operation. HS cloned not only the user parameters, but also the event id information that is provided to the plugin for identification of the event that the user setup. Since the id was not change, the plugin does not recognize a new event. There is no work-around of which I am aware other than not cloning events. I have never tried cloning with HS4 to know if the problem still persists. HS4 events are totally different under the hood so likely the same problem does not exist.

Comment

Working...
    X