Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mcs dimmer device only shows percentage in event-control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcs dimmer device only shows percentage in event-control?

Hi,

I'm honestly not sure if this is a quirk with mcs or with Homeseer itself.. A dimmer device from mcs is set up like this with % as suffix:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mcs.png
Views:	130
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	1487630

A similar dimmer from Z-wave looks like this:

Name:	z-wave.png
Views:	92
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	1487631

When controlling the mcs device from events it just shows "Av, %, %, ...%, På" while the z-wave shows the values as well:

Name:	event.png
Views:	102
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1487632

I guess it has to do with how the Z-wave device is set up with "Status/Control", while mcs only has "Control". The z-wave device has the ability to "Include values" which I cant find in the mcs device.

Name:	include values.png
Views:	92
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	1487633

Related question. Is there any way I can have only 5% increments available? I dont want to manually set 5%, 10% and so on cause then I don't think I can have the slider as control, but I never need to set 7% if you know what I mean.

For a test I selected a Slider type for a topic. It created the HS device with dim level graphics and a control range of 0-100. When I use it in an event it shows control increments (including % suffix). If I change the MISC property to not show values then the event value selector just shows "missing". I am using 4.1.100.0 for HS4 test.

The increment level is selected by HS for the Slider control and number selector. No customization that I am aware other than changing the ranges, but the number of selections is constant in the selector.

I do not have any suggestions for why you are getting poor rendering of the selector.

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	89
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1487650

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	63
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1487651

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	66
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1487652

Comment

Weird. I was on 4.1.18 which is latest stable. Updated to 4.1.100 to check same version as you. Still the same view of percentage only.

I also removed the single controls for OFF=0 and ON=1, but that didn't help either.

The other device where I have the "old" status/graphics as you it works though, so might be a bug/quirk in HS4 when changing graphics / status ranges or something.

EDIT: Even weirder. I decided to copy the device that was working, and it was showing correctly. Then I retraced my steps and added the new graphic and even ON=100 and so on. Basically made the exact same device that was broken earlier, and it's now showing just fine.

Comment

Working...
      X