BLEMQTT HS4 and broker with Username/Password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLEMQTT HS4 and broker with Username/Password

So I was going to use the BLEMQTT app on a few Raspberry Pis and I am looking at the docs and the C code, and I don't think there is a way to specify a user name/password for a MQTT broker?

My MQTT broker is on a virtual Linux box and everything is either behind a FW and/or VPN, so shutting off the user/password is a possibility but I am just wondering if I missed anything obvious...
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Your observation is correct. The paho.mqtt library supports it so it is something that should be easy to handle by adding these optional parameters on the command line.

Comment

Update to allow login credentials is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/BLEMQTT_HS4.zip. The username and password, if included, are the next two parameters after the broker IP.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
        Update to allow login credentials is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/BLEMQTT_HS4.zip. The username and password, if included, are the next two parameters after the broker IP.
        That worked great! I am not sure if that was the same BLEMQTT that is included in the newer version that get pushed out with the plugin?

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Yes it was included with 5.19.1.0 in the updater. Shown in the updater release notes and in the change log at mcsMQTT Plugin - HomeSeer Message Board Glad it worked for you.

Comment

Don't want to be Negative Nancy - however parameters given on the command line are visible through the htop, pgrep, or ps utilities.

Comment

Is your recommendation to put the credentials in a file?

Comment

That would be safer. The file protections could be set to limit read access.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                  That would be safer. The file protections could be set to limit read access.
                  Seems wise. Good suggestion.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Working...
                  X