Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect HS3 Brokers to Two different WiFi Modems

All 6 brokers now operating well, thank you Michael

Probably I do not understand enough about network connections....
    1. Starting a new test broker, assigned to a different modem
    2. 5 Brokers connect.. #6 does not
    3. 10.0.0.248;10.0.0.247;10.0.0.233;10.0.0.223;10.0.0.222;192.168.0.222
    Should I stop, or is there a way to configure to get this to connect?

Why Am I doing this “silly” thing?
    All my devices and HS3 are now connected to Comcast 10.0.0.xxx

When I move somewhere different, or cancel Comcast, I want to be able to take this SECOND

DLINK modem and simply plug it into the NEW iNet provider.

Thanks for reading LZH

Your computer running mcsMQTT has a network address. It is likely something like 10.0.0.x. The 10.0.0.1 router has rules for what traffic to route through it. Likely there is no rule to allow traffic from 192.x.x.x. to pass through to 10.0.0.x client. This means that your mcsMQTT install has no means to see 192.168.0.222 traffic.

If your objective is to prepare for dumping Comcast. then it seems to me whatever you use for WAN router will change the WAN address and nothing will change on the LAN side. There is no need for a 192.x.x.x client.

I if you want to pass traffic from 192.x.x.x to 10.x.x.x network then setup a rule in the 10.x.x.x router to allow passthrough of this subnet. I am not an networking expert. Others may have different opinion.

Comment

Vlans : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PPaArOxHhw And as explained for UniFi : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3SfeQTaaxw but the principles are the same. You just have to research for your router...

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thanks BOTH of you. Re-learned a lot today. Decided to trash the 192 side of the network. The Comcast device RESTRICTs what I can set by requiring me to set most things from their WEB site, where only a small number of items are available. My 192 device is old and has low security only. Off to other adventures. LZH

Comment

Working...
        X