Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESP32 MQTT not adding

Hello,

I am just rebuilding my HS with version 4 and also adding MQTT. I have added WLED which I have a few units of with no issues as well as some Shelly devices I am experimenting with.

However, I have some ESP32 units which although are showing when I tick to add to homeseer no number appears, which it did with the shelly and WLED devices. I could be doing something wrong but if so not sure what at this stage.

Thanks

Ian

Make sure you have the broker IP set on these devices. I use MQTT explorer to check devices.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I have Mosquitto running on the HA PC as the broker and I also use MQTT explorer. Everything is seen in MQTT explorer but as you can see from the screenshot it does not offer a device number when the column is ticked.

Kind regards

Ian

Comment

The easiest way to figure it out is if I can have a copy of \data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT.db. It will let me recreate the screen and then I can see what is not aligned correctly. My email is mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net.

Comment

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your assistance.

I have emailed the file to you.

Kind regards

Ian

Comment

The issue is that the topic is constructed as a Linux file path with a starting / to represent the root location. While the syntax is valid it does not make sense with a null string as the first level of the topic hierarchy.

What I did with 5.21.7.1 is to strip the leading / so it behaves like topics. I also emailed back your database with the leading / removed. The updated plugin will not let the null strings to exist, but does not provide this same protection when reading from the database as the database should never get this recorded in the future.

I suggest that the topic from the ESP32 be changed to not have a leading /. This will also fix the issue without the updated plugin version. You would need to obsolete the existing ones on the MQTT page to remove them from the mcsMQTT database.

Unzip into the /bin/mcsMQTT subfolder of HS

HS4: http://mcsSprinklers.com/MCSMQTTHS4_52171.zip
            HS3: http://mcsSprinklers.com/MCSMQTT_52171.zip

Comment

Hello Michael,

Thank you for all your efforts and the explanation. I can confirm this is now working perfectly after following the instructions. The esp32 module added as expected.

Once agin thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Ian

Comment

Working...
              X