HS topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS topic

First time I notice this new topic, what parameters is it tracking from plugins ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2022-01-20 181730.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	1522086

It is tracking CPU utilization percentage over the last minute. It has controls setup to stop, start, restart HS or plugins when the Topic is accepted. It allows one to monitor CPU utilization and take actions if desired.

Comment

Thanks Michael, great feature.
      Found the associated documentation.
      Is it a recent release feature or did I just miss it? ​​​​​​

Comment

PR742 9/22/2021 5.20.1.0 Added HS & Plugin CPU monitoring and Enable/Disable/Restart control

There was a recent addition for users to provide the login credentials for those who require these on a LAN connection to HS.

Comment

Originally posted by 123qweasd View Post
          Thanks Michael, great feature.
          Found the associated documentation.
          Is it a recent release feature or did I just miss it? ​​​​​​
          +1. OP is the only reason I know about this. I missed it, too.

I have already used this feature to improve my setup. I keep track of my home's energy usage with the BLTEDPro plug-in (thanks, @Blade). The plug-in generally serves my needs quite nicely, except every few months it stops collecting and displaying energy data. I assume that either the plug-in has crashed, or it has gotten hung up by some sort of hardware failure. The problem occurs so infrequently, I have never bothered to investigate. A restart of the plug-in has always restored normal functioning.

Because I often miss the freeze up for significant periods, I wrote an event to send me an email whenever the measured power at my primary breaker box became static for more than a few minutes. Thinking that automatic recovery is generally preferable, I was about to experiment with Jon00's Enable/Disable script.

But, I already have mcsMQTT running. How nice it was to discover that all I had to do was Associate an HS device, and presto! There was my restart control:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-01-21_13-26-10.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1522261
          It worked just as desired on my first attempt.

Kudos to mcsMQTT!

Comment

Working...
          X