GW1000 Updates Stop After 15 Minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GW1000 Updates Stop After 15 Minutes

I've been using jim@beersman.com 's Listener for over a year without a glitch. I decided to switch the GW1000 over to this plugin but I'm having trouble. The first was that I had to restart the plugin to get any device updates after the initial updates. Now, updates stop after 15 minutes. If I restart the plugin they resume, but again, only for another 15 minutes.

I've enabled the debug log.

Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

The GW1000 code in mcsMQTT is essentially the code provided by Jim. When the port was first done there was much debug info produced, but it no longer exists in the current version of the plugin so I do not think the debug log will be much help. Make certain you are using the current version at the bottom of the first post at mcsMQTT Change Log (HS4 & HS3) - HomeSeer Message Board. It has a monitoring function that will restart the connection if the timeout occurs. Also note a parallel thread at Feature request: Monitor Local > GW1000 connection - HomeSeer Message Board

Comment

I updated to 5.23.13.0 and the updating then stopped at EXACTLY 20 mins. Michael discovered that if the GW1000 cannot talk to an internet weather site, it will also stop communicating with the Custom, Local site.

This was self-inflicted. As a part of transitioning the GW1000 over to mcsMQTT, I went into the GW1000 setup and turned off the ecowitt.net updating. I've since gone in and turned it back on and local updates have not stopped since.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
      X