Cannot see MQTT messages in mcsMQTT associations page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot see MQTT messages in mcsMQTT associations page

I am controlling Daikin AC units with Node-red. The HS plugins that do exist where not succesfull in my case.
    This is why I took Node-red on board to generate output from the AC units and send the messages to the MQTT broker. This works nice.

I check the messages with MQTT-lens:
    HTML Code:
    https://github.com/sandro-k/MQTTLensChromeApp
    Here I can see topics arrive and the data look OK.

When I look in the Associations tab in the mcsMQTT PI , no messages appear in the associations table. In the filter fields the segments of the Topic as made in Node-red do appear though.

What is it that I overlook? Any help is appreciated.

In the figures the mcsMQTT Associations page is shown together with the MQTT out node from Node-red and the results of the MQTT Lens application.

-- Cor --

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-04-28_170832.png
Views:	269
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1540857

Name:	2022-04-28_171029.png
Views:	234
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1540859

Name:	2022-04-28_171229.png
Views:	227
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	1540858

On the General Tab Inbound Section, what do you have for Topic Discovery. If it is not the top radio then you have become selective on subscriptions and it may not incude the daikin/power topic.

Are you indicating the Daikin integration provided by mcsMQTT (Local Page, Daikin Tab) does not work in your case?

Comment

The Topic Discovery is this:

Name:	2022-04-29_103747.png
Views:	224
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	1541110

I did use also the Daikin/Intesis integration provided by mcsMQTT, all HS devices are created but they where unresponsive. I do not have an Intesis controller.

So I used the local IP address of the unit and did not select the WMP protocol. I also tried with the WMP protocol, with no success.
      Afterwards I removed all the HS devices and the associations.

But now you mentioned it I give it a second try and now I see that the HS devices are responsive all right. It all looks great but only in the legacy device manager.

If I look in the HS4 device manager the mode button 'Heat' is missing. If I look in the Status/Graphics page then the heat button is present!
      If I open the device page then the icons and values of the parameters do not change if buttons are pressed or setpoints are changed. This all is updated if I close the page and open again.

So I use the legacy device manager, my favorite anyway.
      Another observation: if I change the setpoint from 22 to 22.5 degC then the setpoint jumps to 31 !!
      If I use the comma as decimal separator nothing happens. So it is not possible to make a change of a half degree.

I have two Daikin units, one is the Stylish FTXA35AW, the other is a Perfera FTXM25N, both with integrated WiFi units.

The Stylish unit works as decscibed above.

Of the Perfera unit all HS4 devices are unresponsive. In Node-red I could not get this working too, so perhaps a problem with the WiFi unit.

Thanks again for your great work on the mcsMQTT plugin.

-- Cor --

Comment

I suspect your checkbox to show only associated message is what is preventing the node-red messages of interest.

In the attached I checked to see if the requested setpoint is over 100 and if so then scale it by 0.1. It means you should be able to enter 25.5 or 255 to get the desired fractional setpoint. Let me know if it solves the scaling problem. I am doing other things with this source right now, but it should not interfere with normal operation.

The Daikin protocol has been reverse-engineered. It could be that a different protocol is used for Stylish model.

For the Heat button, I suspect the bootstrap javascript algorithm that is used for dynamic sizing for mobile devices believes there is not sufficient room to display all the requested information so it excludes some of it. Since it is a HS page, there is nothing I am aware I can do about it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Michael,

The MQTT messages from Node-red are Ok now. Indeed only associated message where checked!

With the 5.24.1.0 version you included, something went wrong.
          I could not control the AC unit. In de mcsMQTT local tab no page appeared where I could enter the IP address of the units.

I went back to 5.24.0.15 and the control is working again.

Comment

Working...
          X