Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A chart element with the name xxxxx already exists in the 'SeriesCollection'.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A chart element with the name xxxxx already exists in the 'SeriesCollection'.

Hi Michael, I get this log notification every 15min;
    Any way to track down the associated device and/or event ?
    Thanks
    mcsMQTT BuildChart at System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting.ChartNamedElementCo llection`1.InsertItem(Int32 index, T item) at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.Add(T item) at System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting.SeriesCollection.Ad d(String name) at MCSMQTT_2020.Database.PopulateInfluxRefChartFile(String sSQL, Chart oChart, String sLine, Boolean bBubble) in C:\Users\Public\Documents\TFVC\HS\MQTT\MCSMQTT_2020\Database .vb:line 1872 at MCSMQTT_2020.Charting.GetSelectedData(ChartInfo[] YInfo) in C:\Users\Public\Documents\TFVC\HS\MQTT\MCSMQTT_2020\Charting .vb:line 1094 at MCSMQTT_2020.Charting.ChartUpdate(ChartInfo[] Y1Info, ChartInfo[] Y2Info, ReturnTypes iReturn) in C:\Users\Public\Documents\TFVC\HS\MQTT\MCSMQTT_2020\Charting .vb:line 290 at MCSMQTT_2020.Charting.BuildChart(String sQueryString, String sTitle, ReturnTypes iReturn) in C:\Users\Public\Documents\TFVC\HS\MQTT\MCSMQTT_2020\Charting .vb:line 253 Line 0 A chart element with the name '1:4479' already exists in the 'SeriesCollection'.

It looks to be device 4479. I forget if the 1: means first line or if it means right Y axis.

Comment

Should have mentioned it; had already checked for device 4479 but it doesn't exist ...
      that was my only pointer at first glance.

Comment

Are you running an event that requests mcsMQTT generate a chart every 15 minutes? Are you collection data in both SQLite and InfluxDB? The plugin looks in both places if a chart request is made.

Comment

I don't remember setting up an event for that; however I do collect both SQLite and InfluxDB data;
          Kept SQLite as it was setup prior to InfluxDB but will disable it as I'm only using InfluxDB
          Is there an easy way to disable SQLite data collection or do I have to uncheck all manually?
          Thx

Comment

I do not think there is a UI for global operation other than setting days of collection in SQLite to 0. I suspect this, however, will just not collect future data, but existing data will still be viable for processing.

You can do it behind the scenes by running query on SQLite database. The column of interest is Chart. It is a bit map where bit 0 is SQLite and bit 1 is External (InfluxDB/mySQL/MS SQL Server). You will want to change all values of 1 to 0 and all values of 3 to 2. Do this when mcsMQTT is not running so mcsMQTT can start with the edited database.

Comment

Ok, seems I had already wiped SQLite charts (all charts set to either 0 or 2)
              While the database was open I also double checked for device 4479, nothing.
              Let me know if I can troubleshooting further.
              Thx,

Comment

Found the problem, Jon00 HTML2Image was calling an old defined test chart in McsMQTT.
                Chart was empty but the name was still listed and probably associated to deleted device 4479.
                Deleted the chart. All good.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know you found the issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X