Emporia Vue Smart Home Energy Monitor Data Monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emporia Vue Smart Home Energy Monitor Data Monitoring

I have just purchased the Emporia Vue Smart Home Energy Monitor (Emporia Vue Smart Home Energy Monitor | Works only w/PG&E, SCE, SDGE, PPL, First Energy, Ohio Edison, Burlington Electric & Green Mountain Power | Connects to Your Electric Meter | Solar Net Metering - - Amazon.com) and I am looking to add the PG&E Grid info to my HS4 database.

I noticed the mcsMQTT manual has instructions to add an Emporia Vue with Probes (a different product).

Will this outline also work for the Emporia View Smart Energy Monitor that only monitors the PG&E Smart Meter?

Are there any other ideas how I can get this PG&E Meter information into HS4?

Thanks for all the help,

Doug Hurrell

My guess is that it will work like the Vue with the monitor sending data to the Emporia cloud and then available much like an Emporia smartplug or Vue. I doubt if Emporia invested in two applications on their servers to hande the different source of their energy data monitoring. If the smartphone App is the same then this would give greater credence to this hypothesis.

There is an Emporia forum and the subject of integration of their data with things like HA and HS was discussed much. There may be more information on this meter product there. There are rumors of Emporia releasing an API, but at this time the integrations that are available have been done via reverse engineering.

Comment

Working...
    X