Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only Using Bluetooth - What Can I delete in the association table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only Using Bluetooth - What Can I delete in the association table?

There is clearly a lot more I could do with the MQTT plugin, but I'm currently using it only pass the in / out of range /"presence detection" information to HS4 for my long-range BT geofence transmitters. There is something like 104 discovered devices in my association table.

1) Does it matter? IE - Is it chewing up cycles on my HS server?
    2) Can I delete everything other than the devices I have checked in the table to create a HS device?

I have lots of lines that some sound important and the rest don't, but a little clueless on this...

For instance, can I delete things that look like system things...

Sub: MQTT/Statistics/4F-Last Received Payload
    Sub: MQTT/Statistics/4G-Last Received Timestamp
    Sub: MQTT/Statistics/5D-Average Receive Interval
    etc?

or app / plugin related things...
    Sub: HS:HSBuddy
    Sub: HS:HS4

or other beacons I don't care about that for all I know was somebody walking by when I turned on discovery?

Sub: Beacon/15.DC.34.3F.4D.DD

My assumption is yes, but I certainly don't want to do something that makes the plugin/my events/ my devices invalid.

I admit I only scanned the doc for this...but it's a great doc with TONs of info.

Thanks!

On the MQTT Page, General tab look for the rows shown below. Use the checkbox to keep things lean. 100 items on the Association table is very modest and will not adversely affect CPU usage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0.png
Views:	103
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	1549309

For beacons, the Local page, Bluetooth tab has the following options
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	88
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1549310

You will want the "Only Update" option, depending upon local vs. remote beacon reporting so beacons will not be added, but existing ones will be updated.

Comment

Never mind. Think it's a dongle problem. I don't know why the working system seems to use my laptops BT and discovery uses the dongle, but when I pull the dongle out of my system, it MQTT sees BT devices.

Michael - Thanks...the delete on shutdown made this easy!

The real driver for me even looking at this is I have 3 tile pros that I use to help reset my geofence variables if they are in range if something ever gets out of sync in my global variables that I use in events.

IE - Proof positive that vehicle is home because my BP-109's only run when the key is on in the vehicle.

One of them discovered previously quit responding. I changed the battery and all those kinds of things; my iPhone can see and find it. It wasn't working anyway, so I deleted the HS device and thought I could simply rediscover it.

What I can't figure out now is why no matter what selection I use on the Bluetooth tab, I can't discover anything new, When I run a Bluetooth explorer on my server, I see around 11 devices fairly consistently. I only have two active/online tile beacons in HS4 as devices presently. I'd had several dozen beacons showing in my mscMQTT table before, which is why I thought clearing them out would make it easier to find the missing tile device. Now I discover nothing but HS plugin devices. I know the BT is working because my other two tile devices are online and update.

Is there something I could have unknowingly set that would stop beacon discovery? When I sort on beacons, I only see the two working tiles and my 3 offline BP-109's in the table. Nothing new.

Any ideas?...THANKS!

Comment

The console window shows each beacon that is recognized. The console is enabled from the HS Setup, Developer Mode checkbox. The debug log for mcsMQTT will also show them. The normal UI for viewing them is the Association table with filters set to show received messages checkbox and the T1 topic filter of Beacon. The BLE page will have the middle of the five radios set to discover new local beacons. The settings for this are shown in post Forum

Comment

When I was evaluating prior to posting to confirm my information was correct I observed the with no beacons discovered there were some issues with initialization. I fixed those in 5.24.5.2 which was posted at mcsMQTT Change Log (HS4 & HS3) - HomeSeer Message Board I do not believe this is a problem for you since you already have discovered beacons. If we do need to investigate further than you will need to be using the same version as I am using. This update assumes you are already using the version available from the HS Updater.

Comment

Michael - I am running the 5.24.3.5

I do discover beacons. I'm not sure why this works at all if this is supposed to show USB or internal BT devices local on my server. My beacons DO change status.

Connecting to HomeSeer...
            Connected to HomeSeer
            Waiting for initialization...
            mcsMQTT Browser Pages Registered with HS
            HS Startup Complete
            Initialization Complete
            Starting Windows BLEScan
            BLE Device Watcher Started

Oddly, I discover lots of devices...but not the one I'm looking for...which again...my phone can see. My guess is I'm just missing it, I'm enabling everything BT found...pulling the battery to try to isolate it.

Comment

If you have an IPhone and iBeacon then they may use a different technique than advertisement. It also could be that these other devices are the one you are looking to find, but with a randomized MAC you do not recognize it. Is it a beacon you are trying to identify or some other type of bluetooth device?

Comment

As I'm guessing you're thinking anyway...now with no reboot or anything my BT is down...Device manager looks identical...no idea what is going on. Reboot it works again. Of course, This is NOT your problem. THANKS for all the quick responses. That always amazes me.

Comment

The one I'm looking for is a Tile. It's been a device before and I have two others that are currently working. I think I may have a USB port on my laptop going bad. It may be all of them as I had a weird issue with a new hub recently. I don't run my BT devices on a hub. Since this works for a while and then stops, it could be several things.

Comment

Working...
                  X