Buienradar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buienradar

Just wondering if it would be possible to convert the outcome of web-request into variables. The Dutch site Buienradar has a specific service to regularly update the rain data, which I used several years with tools from Stefx for my sun screens etc. Unfortunately the site regularly changes and Stefx will not update its free tool anymore (understandably).

The url for f.i. Antwerp is: https://gpsgadget.buienradar.nl/data...t=51.2&lon=4.2
    Which shows the rain every ten minutes for the next 2 hours (as in the picture below). These figures need to be converted by a formula (= 10^((value-109)/32)) to get to a mm/hours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	buienradar.png
Views:	131
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	1574363
    Regarding these figures: would it be possible to put the first value (77 or the number converted by the formula) into a variable '0 minutes' and 0 into a variable ('5 minutes'), etc (or 87 into '20 minutes', etc? And then regularly have mcsmqtt update these so that I always have the latest updated estimates?

Originally posted by abl View Post
    Just wondering if it would be possible to convert the outcome of web-request into variables. The Dutch site Buienradar has a specific service to regularly update the rain data, which I used several years with tools from Stefx for my sun screens etc. Unfortunately the site regularly changes and Stefx will not update its free tool anymore (understandably).

The url for f.i. Antwerp is: https://gpsgadget.buienradar.nl/data...t=51.2&lon=4.2
    Which shows the rain every ten minutes for the next 2 hours (as in the picture below). These figures need to be converted by a formula (= 10^((value-109)/32)) to get to a mm/hours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	buienradar.png
Views:	131
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	1574363
    Regarding these figures: would it be possible to put the first value (77 or the number converted by the formula) into a variable '0 minutes' and 0 into a variable ('5 minutes'), etc (or 87 into '20 minutes', etc? And then regularly have mcsmqtt update these so that I always have the latest updated estimates?
    Why not use the buienradar Node-RED contrib?

---
    John

Comment

Hi John, thought about that as well (had node-red running for some time). But then have to get several systems up and running and that creates quite some dependencies, which I would like to get rid off...

Comment

Maybe my script is able to bring you in the right direction: The data values are calculated in mm/h and it will get your location from the lat & lon that is set in the settings.ini from Homeseer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	111.9 KB ID:	1574421

Comment

Hi Rutger,
          Thanks a lot, I will try this evening when I'm back from work. When I googled I remember seeing this script on your website, probably should have spent more time investigating. Thanks anyway for sharing, much appreciated!

Comment

Works perfectly, 'unfortunately' no rain expected this evening, so difficult to test 😉.
            If I understand correctly the device Rain_Rain Expected will be on when there is rain expected somewhere during the next two hours? Also tried to understand the other variables (not a programmer myself for sure, but I kind of understand what they will do), but I rather will wait for rain to populate the variables and see how to adapt.

Comment

Working...
            X