BlueIris and MQTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi alphatech, PM sent
    Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Hi Michael,
      For some reason it is not capturing the license plate and I'm not sure why. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Are you asking why HS shows device value of 0 while Association table payload shows a text string? If so, then click on 4951 button and change the Control/Stautus UI from Number to Text.

Comment

Thank you Michael

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, so I finally installed the license plate Camera I bought during the Pandemic and hooked it up to Blue Iris... I am with Code Project and I am posting my MQTT messages with Blue Iris and I can see them with Mosquitto Sub just fine.. It seems to do a great job of detection.

BlueIris/LPR/Plate {"trigger":"ON", "PLATE":"872SX7", "MEMO":"DayPlate:98%" }
            BlueIris/LPR/Plate {"trigger":"OFF", "PLATE":"872SX7","MEMO":"DayPlate:98%" }

I am trying to read this topic into McsMQTT and it sees the Topic, but it doesn't appear to see any payload.

Did I do something wrong here? Usually, I click on that A and I can add a device?!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 1.31.44 PM.png
Views:	221
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1611667
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
            Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
            weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

You would see the plate number on that screen if you had it right. My BI5 settings look like this:

Name:	bi5.png
Views:	188
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1611672
              Where the full payload is: { "plate":"&PLATE", "AlertImg":"&ALERT_JPEG", "AlertImgPath":"&ALERT_PATH", "Alert_AI":"&MEMO", "Date":"%d-%m-%Y %H:%M:%S","Camera":"&CAM"}
              Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

mcsMQTT would look like this if the plate number was ABC123:

Click image for larger version  Name:	hs4.png Views:	0 Size:	16.7 KB ID:	1611674
                And yes, you can use the associate button.

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                  BlueIris/LPR/Plate {"trigger":"ON", "PLATE":"872SX7", "MEMO":"DayPlate:98%" }
                  I just sent this one via MQTT Explorer and it came through to mcsMQTT as the following.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	36.5 KB ID:	1611689

Seems the issue is with BI sending the mqtt alert? Have you used MQTT Explorer or similar to verify what's being sent?​
                  -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

I just sent this one via MQTT Explorer and it came through to mcsMQTT as the following.
                    Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	36.5 KB ID:	1611689

Seems the issue is with BI sending the mqtt alert? Have you used MQTT Explorer or similar to verify what's being sent?​
                    Yes. I used Mosquitto_sub and I used Mosquitto Explorer. It looks good in both places. I tried just making the topic "LPRCamera" without any slashes...

I am going to copy and paste your exact MQTT message.

I am wondering if I accidently clicked a MQTT setting to disable discoveries or something-- but mine says it is clearly on...

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
                      You would see the plate number on that screen if you had it right. My BI5 settings look like this:

Where the full payload is: { "plate":"&PLATE", "AlertImg":"&ALERT_JPEG", "AlertImgPath":"&ALERT_PATH", "Alert_AI":"&MEMO", "Date":"%d-%m-%Y %H:%M:%S","Camera":"&CAM"}
                      Well, hot diggity dog. I copied your payload (my topic is now "StreetCamera") and waited for a car to drive up the street...

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 4.44.21 PM.png
Views:	172
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	1611697

I was able to add all of the devices normally....

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 4.39.29 PM.png
Views:	175
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1611696
                      Here are my settings now. I am not sure why it wasn't registering it before, especially since it worked for Wade?!?!

My screens look slightly different that others... maybe I installed the latest?

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 4.36.49 PM.png
Views:	165
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1611698Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 4.36.08 PM.png
Views:	163
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	1611699Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 4.36.39 PM.png
Views:	163
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1611700

Thanks!

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post

Are you able to see the @ALERT_JPEG in Homeseer at all? I tried setting that to JPG in McsMQTT and didn't have any luck.....

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Excellent ! This is all undocumented, so I built that payload with the help of alphatech. It does make sense looking at the BI5 variables in the help file, but no, I didn't get to see a jpg. Some experimentaion is required

Comment

The secret sauce from BI5 are those "&" variables shown in the help file here.​ For example "plate":"&PLATE" will tell Homeseer what BI5 has for &PLATE, but "plate":"872SX7" will give you 872SX7 every time. Good for testing, and it does mean that you can force the output you want.

If you check DAT files for other cameras, you will also find the license-plate custom model is active on all of them. I stop this with alpr:0 on all other cameras like this:

Name:	image.png
Views:	171
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1611821
                            Always learning

TimG.​

Comment

Are you able to get this thing to trigger if you see a plate? I am getting pretty much all of dayplates. It show up in the device status, but not the value. I don't see any triggers for status-- maybe under easy trigger?

I ordered a LED light for the night time. I got it working ok but it definitely needs some more UV.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Yes, it works here. I can't remember if I had to change the mcsMQTT device properties to "Text" or something, but I can see the licence plate numbers and letters text in Homeseer.

Comment

Working...
                                X