This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I have installed mcsshelly plugin in HS4 v4.0.3.0, but under tab installed plugin it shown the following under mcsshelly.

Also try to installed one device double relay switch shelly 2.5 and it work correctly I can switch on and off and it reports watts

Comment

I observe the same status and do not know why HS4 reports this. I just ignore it as it works as expected. I can submit on the HS4 testing forum so HST has a chance to look at it.

It seems it is also working as you expect otherwise. Please confirm.

Comment

I have HS4 up and running on the dedicated computer. I installed the mcsShelly plugin that comes up on the HS4 plugin page (I do not know how to install plugins any other way, and only a few plugins are listed. I can’t believe a z-wave plugin is not listed?). I assume it is the dedicated HS4 plugin. I have the plugin configured to use my mosquitto broker and I can see (via MQTT tools) LWT connection messages from the plugin. Everything is on the same network. Click image for larger version

Name:	FFF6B871-2A86-4304-A439-2784ED19F1FC.png
Views:	198
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	1371961 But I Can’t get any messages/commands to show up on the plugin “associations” page. I only have 2 virtual devices configured in HS4. I believe they are working. I have the firewall configured to allow hspimcsShelly through. Is there some other firewall setting I need to change?

Thanks for your help.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          I observe the same status and do not know why HS4 reports this. I just ignore it as it works as expected. I can submit on the HS4 testing forum so HST has a chance to look at it.

It seems it is also working as you expect otherwise. Please confirm.

Not sure what status you are referring to, but after a restart of HS3. Everything is ok for the time being.
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

First I would look at Statistics tab and see if there are any received topics to isolate between a receive issue vs. a display issue. If nothing is being received look at the connection status at the top of the Statistics for online vs. offline. If online look at the General tab, Inbound Management that shellies/# is the what is being subscribed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	194
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1371965

Zwave plugin is going through major rewrite and is not yet ready
            You can get to the HS3/Legacy plugins by doing a search using the text box on the Plugin page of HS4
            Now the latest binary for the HS4 version of mcsShelly is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsShelly_5_2_1_3.zip so if you continue to not be able to isolate issue then manually extract the MCSMQTTHS4_2020.dll into the \bin\mcsShelly folder so you will be working with the same version as the source.

Comment

Michael everything seems to be working as it should so I ignore this status.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	02692E74-FE5B-4EA0-B316-EF5A4B2171A0.png Views:	0 Size:	193.4 KB ID:	1372006 I extracted version 5.2.1.3 into bin\mcsShelly. When i restarted HS4 it still showed the plugin as ver 5.1.4.2. Not sure if I did something wrong or the version humber did not update.
                I am now able to see my devices on the associate tab. But there is no Checkbox in the Accept column. So I cannot select any device.

Comment

There are two files. HSPI_MCSSHELLY.exe goes into the HS folder. It is the one that has the version number that HS sees. It does not matter functionally, however, because all the Shelly logic is in the .dll.

The devices you are showing are not Shelly devices, but Tasmota devices.

You have four choices at this point.

1. One is to enable all topics by checking the top radio on my post #35. There are a few other settings, but that is the primary difference between mcsMQTT and mcsShelly. I have not tested the general case of mcsMQTT so there may be other issues that you can run into.

2. The second is to make your Tasmota devices look like Shelly devices. This is possible in specific cases, but could be difficult in the general case. I am showing the Shelly1 firmware messages below. First thing you need to do is configure Tasmota Full Topic on MQTT Config setup of the Shelly/Tasmota device to be something like "shellies/shelly1-xxxx/relay/0". This will allow mcsShelly to think you have Shelly firmware. If you go this way you likely will need more help as there is probably something I forgot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	242
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1372026
                  3. The third is to reflash the Shelly back to Shelly firmware. While the company that sells Shelly does not provide the binary I am able to copy the binary from mine and post it. My upload speed is 20K byte/sec so for large files it could sometimes been difficult. Let me know if I should try.

4. Use the HS3 mcsMQTT plugin. At this point I cannot assure that event triggers and actions will be able to be migrated to the HS4 mcsMQTTT, but the Devices should migrate without issue.

HS4 is still in beta. While HST is pushing to get it released next month, it really is not ready for release, especially if you want to use a plug-in. As you noted there are very few HS4 plug-in yet available so migrating to HS4 now for most means getting a HS4 mobile-like UI, HS3 plug-ins, and some tasty bugs.

Comment

Michael, thank you for your recommendations. I am happy with my existing HS3 setup. I was hoping to start a transition to HS4 because I have some additional time right now. My primary automation protocols are z-wave and MQTT. I have invested a lot of time over the years in HS3. I would rather not reinvent the wheel. So far, with the work that I have done with HS4, I am not seeing any new capabilities. For me the transition from HS3 to HS4 will be much more difficult than I expected.

So I am going to put this on hold until this Covid19 situation is more clear. I have other priorities now.

Comment

Michael, today I updated mcsshelly via the update function in HS4.
                      After this update I have mcsshelly ver 5.2.1.5
                      But now mcsshelly not work. Plugin mcsshelly goes up and down, see log file from HS4

I have try reinstalled but I get the same result.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I jumped the gun on including functionality that was only available on development builds of HS4 and looks to only matter on Linux/Mono. I backed that out of 5.2.1.6. I submitted it to updater.

It is also available at http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsShelly_5_2_1_6.zip for a manual update. Two files updated. HSPI_MCSSHELLY.exe goes into HS4 folder. mcsMQTTHS4_2020.dll goes in /bin/mcsShelly subfolder.

Comment

Working...
                        X