Can't install plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't install plugin

I tried to install mcsXap from updater (HS3Pro, Windows 10). Updater says it's installed successfully but log says it failed, and there isn't any trace of this plugin in HS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	updater.png
Views:	189
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	1356428
    log file below:
    Jan-24 4:06:43 PM Updater Install/Update of package mcsXap was successful.
    Jan-24 4:06:43 PM Updater Extraction Complete.
    Jan-24 4:06:43 PM Error Bad filename of C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\mcsXap3.0.0.69\mcsXap.zip passed to UnZip function.
    Jan-24 4:06:43 PM Updater Extracting files from zip file: mcsXap.zip
    Jan-24 4:06:43 PM Updater Installing package mcsXap
    Jan-24 4:06:43 PM Updater Update hspi_mcsxap.exe downloaded successfully
    Jan-24 4:06:42 PM Updater Downloading update: mcsXap
    Jan-24 4:06:42 PM Updater Starting download of updates

This looks to be something with the Updater with Zip expansion. The most current version is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsXap_3_0_0_71.zip. It contain mcsXap.zip that you expand from the HS folder while maintaining the folder structure contained in the zip.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      This looks to be something with the Updater with Zip expansion. The most current version is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsXap_3_0_0_71.zip. It contain mcsXap.zip that you expand from the HS folder while maintaining the folder structure contained in the zip.
      Hi Michael, thanks for the fast response but that link doesn't seem to be working.

Comment

http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsXap_3_0_0_71_HS3.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          I accidently deleted my HS3 mcsxAP plugin.

I am unable to get mcsxAP to work from this link. My HS3 log says it's running but it does not showup in my plugin list. It is also not listed in Win10 Task Manager. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (83).png
Views:	142
Size:	428.7 KB
ID:	1455818
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (84).png
Views:	170
Size:	380.0 KB
ID:	1455817
          I restarted HS3. Still no luck!
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

The log shows it disconnected. I am away for a few weeks without access to the source code. Suggest looking in the debug logs and using Developer Mode to get the console for any messages

Comment

Michael, you don’t need to work on this. I was able to restore the mcsxAP plugin files from my HS3 backup.

But I would like your help with mcsxAP1-wire.exe. I would like to continue to use my 1-wire device network to monitor and control my HVAC system. I am currently using HS3 on an old desktop computer running Windows XP. Previously I was using a laptop then a netbook for this purpose. But those computers failed so I am forced to use a desktop. For the past several weeks, I have been working with a mini computer (AcePC Windows 10) and now have Windows XP running in Oracle Virtual Box and I have mcsxAP 1-wire and mcsXAP Hub running. But I can’t get mcsxAP1wire (DS9490 USB interface) to recognize my sensors. The Maxim 1-wire reader works and it sees and controls my 23 1-wire devices. So I think I have all the needed drivers, Java, and net framework installed properly. But I’m not sure what version of mcsXAP1-wire I should use. I would appreciate anything you can suggest.
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

There are two versions. One using VB6 that needs MS JVM which no longer works on current OS's. The second was done is .NET and depends upon the J# redistributable Look at post #397 at https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...terface/page27 for the links to the application.

Comment

Thanks Michael. I already had the mcsxap1wireNet1 installed. But the J# redistributable was not installed. I Installed it and now mcsXAP1wire is working. But I can’t get mcsXAPHub working! It is pointed to the wrong IP address. How do I change the IP address?

Comment

Config\mcsXap.ini contains the NIC/subnet if you want to change it. It should only be necessary to explicitly specify if you have multiple NIC. Mine looks like
                    Code:
                    [INTERFACE]
                    BROADCASTADDRESS=192.168.0.255
                    INTERFACEADDRESS=192.168.0.107

Comment

Michael, thanks. I added the 3 lines to my config/mcsXap.ini file on virtualXP running in Virtual Box. I’m not quite sure which IPs to use. So I used

[interface]
                      broadcastaddress=192.168.1.254 This is the IP of the AcePC running Virtual Box
                      interfaceaddress=10.0.2.15 This is the IP of the virtualXP machine

After restarting mcsXAPHub on virtualXP, I am now seeing xAP messages from virtualXP on mcsXAPHub running on the AcePC Windows 10.

These messages unfortunately are not appearing on my local LAN and therefore not being heard by mcsXAPHub running on my other computers.

ipconfig/all (Virtual Box host) shows 192.168.56.1 as the address of the virtual box host Ethernet adapter.

Can you please clarify which machines and which IPs to use.

Thanks,
                      Steve

Comment

Interface address is the IP of the NIC. It has been a long time since I used Virtual Machine. I am not familiar with how it gets an IP assigned, but I suspect it is just a lease from the DHCP server that will be visible in the router.
                        Broadcast address is the same but ends in .255

Comment

Thanks for your help with this. I got everything working; but not exactly the way I planned.

I have mcsxAP1wire running on Windows XP in Virtual Box. It was very difficult to get everything configured properly. I spent 2 days trying to get the network connections working via NAT. I finally gave up and set up a bridged connection which is now working. Trying to get the right port forwarding for NAT was impossible.

I have my xAP 1-wire network communicating with my backup copy of HS3 on a different computer on my network. My original plan was to run HS3 on the host computer that is running Virtual Box and guest Windows XP. But so far, I am unable to get the mcsXAP plugin for HS3 on the host to connect to mcsXAP1wire on the XP guest. Mcsxaphub on XP is not hearing messages from mcsxAP1wire. Don’t know why? xfxhub seems to work properly. Any ideas?

Steve Q

Comment

The hub accepts the same mcsXap.ini as xapmcs1wire to configure the network.

Comment

McsXAP.ini file is empty (blank) on all my computers.

Comment

Working...
                              X