Windows 10 and xAP hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 and xAP hubs

Anyone successfully installed a xAP hub on W10? I haven't been able to load the xFx-Express Hub as it wants some NET.2.0 stuff and the link supplied by the author links to later NET that when installed, still couldn't install the hub.
    Don

I am running my original VB6 xAP Hub on W10. I also have .NET hubs that I use for Linux. It has been a long time since I remember any updates so what is at http://mcssprinklers.com/xapXap.htm should still be current. I dont recall if I ever published .NET one. It runs in console.

Comment

I had problems with xAP on Win 10, but found that it was caused by a Windows update setting firewall rules that blocked xAP messages. Once I updated the firewall rules xAP worked again without issue. Not sure if that is a contributor to your situation, but it's worth a look.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

My issue is I can't install a xAP hub. I tried Michael's hub but it choked on a missing mswinsck.ocx file. I tried downloading just that file and registering it but had no luck. I'm not in the process of d/l Studio to see if that will install and register the correct file. So far no success and much pain.

Thanks for the responses.
        Don

Comment

Here is the hub I run on Linux. I confirmed it also run on W10. Look in \Config and edit to match your network.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you! That seemed to work.

Really appreciate the help.
            Don

Comment

Working...
            X