Unable to get Modbus running in Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to get Modbus running in Linux

I just installed this to communicate with the eGauge power monitor for my solar panels. It installs, but there's no web interface under Plugins. Looks like there are files in my HomeSeer folder.

Running on Linux (Debian), with HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.425 (Linux) installed. Mono 5.12.0.226-0xamarin3 is also installed (with a few exceptions).

Thanks.

Here is the full log from the install. I don't know what to do with the error message. I've searched for it, and it appears that NLog is a part of Mono (or maybe, .Net?), but it's not showing up as a downloadable package from the repository.

Jun-15 10:01:47 Error Examining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_MODBUS.exe: Unable to find assembly 'NLog, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5120e14c03d0593c'.
    Jun-15 10:01:41 Updater Install/Update of package Modbus was successful.
    Jun-15 10:01:40 Updater Extracting files from zip file: Modbus_Graphics.zip
    Jun-15 10:01:40 Updater Extracting files from zip file: Modbus_HELP.ZIP
    Jun-15 10:01:40 Updater Copying file: /home/HomeSeer/HSPI_MODBUS.exe
    Jun-15 10:01:40 Updater Copying file: /home/HomeSeer/HSPI_MODBUS.exe.config
    Jun-15 10:01:40 Updater Copying file: /home/HomeSeer/bin/HSPI_MODBUS/NModbus4.dll
    Jun-15 10:01:40 Updater Copying file: /home/HomeSeer/bin/HSPI_MODBUS/NLog.dll
    Jun-15 10:01:39 Updater Installing package Modbus
    Jun-15 10:01:39 Updater Update HSPI_MODBUS.exe downloaded successfully
    Jun-15 10:01:38 Updater Downloading update: Modbus
    Last edited by Mitch_Thompson; June 15, 2018, 10:09 AM.

I know this is an old post, but Im getting the same errors as you under Linux. Did you ever figure this out?
    ​​​​​​
    Rob

Comment

Originally posted by jyrki69 View Post
      I know this is an old post, but Im getting the same errors as you under Linux. Did you ever figure this out?
      ​​​​​​
      Rob
      Hi, Rob.
      ge
      No, I never did. I moved on to other things. Sorry I couldn't help you.

Comment

Originally posted by jyrki69 View Post
        ​​​​​​
        Rob
        Getting the same error: Examining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_MODBUS.exe: Unable to find assembly 'NLog, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5120e14c03d0593c'.

Were you able to sort it out?

Comment

Originally posted by cp1983 View Post

Getting the same error: Examining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_MODBUS.exe: Unable to find assembly 'NLog, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5120e14c03d0593c'.

Were you able to sort it out?
          No, sorry.
          I have moved my setup over to Home Assistant.

Comment

I got the Modbus pluggin to work by copying the version of Nlog.dll, and Nlog.assemblies.dll files from the MyQ folder (pluggin) under HomeSeer to the HSPI_Modbus directory. It seems the NLog.dll file coming with Modbus pluggin is too old, and is not compatible with newer OS.

Comment

Originally posted by JoelWener View Post
              I got the Modbus pluggin to work by copying the version of Nlog.dll, and Nlog.assemblies.dll files from the MyQ folder (pluggin) under HomeSeer to the HSPI_Modbus directory. It seems the NLog.dll file coming with Modbus pluggin is too old, and is not compatible with newer OS.
              Thanks.

This worked for me too.

Comment

Where is this MYQ folder? I have a SEL PRO and I cannot find this folder.

Comment

I just had the same issue. Copied all NLog-files from MyQ and it works.

beerygaz, please look into this. I'm testing the Modbus-plugin with a trial now and this would be a showstopper if I had not found a workaround here.

smartdesign, you will find it in the plugins list. Just install plugin, copy files, then remove it again.

Comment

Originally posted by JoelWener View Post
                    Can anyone send me the Nlog.assemblies.dll file as this is not in the MyQ folder.

---
                    John

Comment

I contacted beerygaz, no response, he may not be around.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

Can anyone send me the Nlog.assemblies.dll file as this is not in the MyQ folder.

---
                        John
                        Install the myQ plug-in. Copy the .dlls, then uninstall the myQ plug-in.

Comment

Working...
                        X