Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil
    replied
    racerfern - there are two parts to my solution. In Homeseer and my Click PLC I use Modbus registers, these transmit data between outputs in the Click PLC.

Modbus 8194 = Y002 (Click PLC address) "Modbus System Modbus from Click" - signal from Click to Homeseer
    Modbus 8208 = Y016 (Click PLC address) "Modbus System Modbus to Click" - signal from Homeseer to Click

With regard to the events above - in Homeseer when it sees a signal from the click that the timer output (Y002) has gone positive (5 second timer) then with this "On" signal the event turns on the signal to Click (Y016), the ladder logic then resets the timer and then 5 seconds later turns off the signal to Click and the timer starts again (Y016 is toggled with a 5 second pulse).

Click image for larger version  Name:	click logic.jpg Views:	2 Size:	33.9 KB ID:	1268318

Having looked at the SolarEdge Modbus registers I am not sure if you have the ability in the SolarEdge to setup in the same way, you need programming flexibility to setup the SolarEdge side. Do you know if the inverter has any external inputs that are relayed through Modbus?

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Neil Please explain further as I still get occasional dropouts.
    1. Modbus heartbear (your virtual device)?
    2. PLC???

I understand your concept of pulsing every 5 seconds but am lost with everything else.

Leave a comment:

• Neil
    replied
    And just to confirm, the handshake that I setup with the click PLC is still rocking away. This is the handshake I setup in Homeseer - note the to and from to differentiate input and output. In the click I have a 5 second timer that reciprocates the signal.

Click image for larger version  Name:	click.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.8 KB ID:	1267733

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Neil For some unknown reason (which I will figure out) Modbus and Solaredge inverter stopped communicating during mid afternoon. I have an event that warns me when the current power production matches the previous power production (15 minutes ago). If that happens I get a text message warning me the system has frozen. Not sure why it happens on occasion but it happened today. I had to click that TEST button to get things working again. Now to hopefully write an event that somehow resolves that.

Leave a comment:

• Neil
    replied
    Racer, thanks found the plugin and installed. And yes he has a tremendous number of things for Homeseer.

On the modbus side Homeseer and Click are still pinging away, seems that a heartbeat is keeping the Modbus awake.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    It's not easy getting to these but Jon00 is a prolific plug-in creator. I use a few regularly.

jon00.me.uk/hs.html

Also on the main forum screen search for "Jon00"

Leave a comment:

• Neil
    replied
    racerfern - from where did you download this plug-in?

Leave a comment:

• Neil
    replied
    Well just checked my work from yesterday and so far the Modbus is up and running pulsing back and forth between Homeseer and Click PLC.

A keep alive pulse seems to be the solution.

Your solution is good to know also incase I hit stability problems later, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Neil I was able to get around it but there was no way to do anything on the inverter side. So I installed Jon00EnableDisabe plug-in. At sunset I disable Modbus and at sunrise I enable it. It begins communicating right away without error.

Leave a comment:

• Neil
    replied
    I just encountered the same problem between Homeseer and a Click plc.

My suspicion is that the modbus goes to sleep on the Homeseer side also, since a working configuration was working a few days ago, but was sleeping today until I hit the test button for the modbus gateway.

To solve this I have setup a heartbeat which creates pulses every 5 seconds forcing the modbus to exchange information.

To do this I setup a timer in my plc and an event in Homeseer to exchange a 5 second handshake.

Not sure what registers are in your inverter, but I would look to see if you could do something similar.

It should be possible to setup a pulsing signal from Homeseer using event programming that turns on and off an inverter register - of course if there is one available.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Jez - I have not brought this up with the developer of this plug-in though I "assume" he has seen it. All I need is the equivalent of the "test" button to fire off at sunrise as everything else works.

Leave a comment:

• Jez
    replied
    Hi Racerfern

I see from a different forum that you have a SolarEdge inverter. I’ve recently also had one installed and would dearly love to do exactly as you’re trying to do. I see the plugin in being rewritten, do you know if this issue will be dealt with in the rewrite or is this something we should request?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Since no one has piped up as to how to wake up the gateway, can someone suggest another forum that might be able to help me out?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• zads
    replied
    This Modbus plugin is just not reliable. I have two gateways and the comms are always dropping out. The only fix I can come with it to automatically restart HS3 to fix the issue

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    +1 - Anybody?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X