Plugin Re-Write

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I have a Nilan Compact P XL ventilation system, and would be very interested in testing. The Nilan system uses CTS700 and modbus/TCP which I could not get to work with the old plugin.
    Getting some rule based control of the system is high on my list. Eg during summer time, things does not run too well.
    No indication from Nilan that they will come up with rule based controls...

regards Brian

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
      This has taken far longer than I anticipated. However we are making good progress.

I’ll post some screenshots shortly of how the plugin is coming along.

One of the hardest parts is working on a reliable migration/upgrade strategy as this is a complete rewrite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Hi Gavin,

Any screenshots to share?

Looking forward to it.

---
      John

Comment

This has taken far longer than I anticipated. However we are making good progress.

I’ll post some screenshots shortly of how the plugin is coming along.

One of the hardest parts is working on a reliable migration/upgrade strategy as this is a complete rewrite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Hi Gavin,

Any screenshots to share?

---
        John

Comment

Here are [finally] some screenshots of the new plugin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	481
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1323123

Name:	2.png
Views:	479
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	1323120

Name:	3.png
Views:	500
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1323121

Attached Files
          Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Here are [finally] some screenshots of the new plugin.

Name:	1.png
Views:	481
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1323123

Name:	2.png
Views:	479
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	1323120

Name:	3.png
Views:	500
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1323121
            Looks awesome.

Looking forward to a release version.

Any idea the update will be released?

—-
            John

Comment

Hi Great news and Progress on your rewrite

I have set up a SEL ( SEL 751 Protection Relay) with support for two simultaneous IP modbus masters one on Port 502 another on port 503 .

- One accessing from a Home Seer Machine running modbus interface
              - Second PC with obviously separate IP Address to the second 503 port assignment with Separate Modbus Master Software
              - The polled device is set for a 200 second time out

Like others after a period of time after HS3 is started Home Seer is still able to Poll Holding Registers and the State of the Coil Outputs but fails to write to coils ( no socket issue)

- Disabling the IP Gateway does not correct it , restarting HS3 allows operation until 60 or so seconds have elapsed again

- Test Modbus Software ( Either Triangle Microworks Test Harness or Radzio Modbus Software Have no issues polling or controlling coil outputs when homeseer has the closed socket error

Im surmising you have established the cause of the issue and addressed it with you rewrite / update as well as teh improvements you have made.

If you do have a beta PlugIn to test shortly i would be happy to check against this device

I can check with Wireshark if neccessary

Cheers Jason

Comment

Any news on release date or need for Beta testers? I've been trialling the plugin and at stage of implementing across a number of devices- but loath to do this given advice that rules and events will need to be re-written...

Comment

Hi Gavin,

With all discussions going on about HS4. Will it be a HS3 PI or a HS4? Do you have plans to support the additional HS4 additions in the future?

---
                  John

Comment

beerygaz
                    Hi Gavin,

More and more details became available of HS4. What are you plans for the future (I hope you will support this PI in the future)?
                    1. Re-write HS3 version
                    2. Re-write HS3 version and port at a later stage to a HS4 version
                    3. Stop re-writing of the HS3 version and create a HS4 version
                    ---
                    John

Comment

Would really like to have some updates on this plugin, as the current version stop responding over night..

Comment

Hi,

Will the new plugin enable fast polling? With an other, earlier (HS2) Modbus plugin I was able to read out instantaneous push buttons, but with the current Modbus plug-in I've not found a way to read out push buttons quickly.

Kind regards,
                        Jan

Comment

Originally posted by janjanssen View Post
                          Hi,

Will the new plugin enable fast polling? With an other, earlier (HS2) Modbus plugin I was able to read out instantaneous push buttons, but with the current Modbus plug-in I've not found a way to read out push buttons quickly.

Kind regards,
                          Jan
                          I still have hope that this will ever happen, but the PI developer is not in the board for weeks. Hope nothing serious happened to him.

Let’s see if it works in HS4.

—-
                          John

Comment

When can we expect a release of the new version.

Comment

Given up on PI now and moved Modbus to Node-Red then in through mcsMQTT. Like others the timeouts were getting unworkable and was having to use Jon00’s disable PI to restart it.
                              The Node-Red “traditional” Modbus nodes had similar issues with timeouts where I had multiple addresses using the same serial to IP converter, but using the Flex getter works fine. You do have to set delays between polling different nodes, but at least it’s clear what’s going on.

I finally have my hs logs free of Modbus errors!

Comment

Is this plug-in dead? Lets be honest here, the "scheduled" release has slipped 6 months or more.

Comment

Working...
                                X